View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:51 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 subscribe to the site! 
Author Message
User avatar

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 5:21 pm




Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
sneaklyfox wrote:
Perhaps you should put a link on the main page to the subscribe page and "highlight" it as a new feature for awhile. I don't think everyone checks the forums.

Yes, will do, thanks.
I first want to test if everything's working ok though.


Profile

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 5:28 pm




Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
with regard to the extra "special puzzle" every day feature that is to be worth 8 points each day (for paid subscribers only), can it be presumed that these points will be tracked in a separate bucket same as "book", "timed", and "regular" are currently being reported? Hence, if you hover over someones total points these "special puzzle" totals will be broken out too.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 5:58 pm




Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
rickt wrote:
with regard to the extra "special puzzle" every day feature that is to be worth 8 points each day (for paid subscribers only), can it be presumed that these points will be tracked in a separate bucket same as "book", "timed", and "regular" are currently being reported? Hence, if you hover over someones total points these "special puzzle" totals will be broken out too.

Yes, that's the plan.


Profile

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 am




Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:
You could always implement clm's 4x4x4 idea if you'd rather...

[scared]
A friend of mine came up with the "3D Calcudoku" idea as well, a while back (1 year ago?
2 years ago?). And given my background in 3D graphics, I might actually come up with
a good user interface as well. Now if only I had two months of free time somewhere.. [bored]


Two months of free time is too much. And what about a 4D calcudoku?, we could introduce the "time axis", like in some Picasso's paintings, the things would "move" inside the three dimensions [biggrin].

Seriously, I propose this idea for the "timed" puzzles (premium users?): Let's suppose we have 5 different layouts of 5x5 puzzles. The drawings would come "in sequence", one each time, during a few seconds (i.e., 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 seconds) giving you the opportunity of entering a few numbers, then the next appears (the previous one disappears, though you can memorize it [biggrin]) and so on, recycling the 5 drawings until you finish all in which moment you obtain the total time spent for the solution. It could be done (to keep the "spatial" 3D concept) for the 4x4's (3 drawings), 5x5's (5 drawings) and even the 6x6's (6 drawings) (these would certainly require some time [biggrin]).


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am




Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
jaek wrote:
I subscribed yesterday. This morning the page looked the same as always. I am now seeing a link for an 'extra' puzzle', but the link is broken. It's piqued my curiosity though.

There should be a 4x4 test puzzle now working under the "Extra" link.
(worth zero points [glare] )

Ads should be completely disabled for subscribers now as well
(on the puzzle pages and on the forum)


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm




Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
Subscribers are now able to do puzzles of up to 31 days ago.

There's also some minor subscription info on the account page (subscribed or not,
and the period you're subscribed for)


Profile

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 pm




Posts: 690
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
pnm wrote:
Subscribers are now able to do puzzles of up to 31 days ago.



I have verified this with the calendar and I can now see up to 31 days ago of regular puzzles [thumbup], this is a very interesting feature for the subscribers (for discussions in the Forum, analysis, etc.).

With respect to the new extra puzzles for the subscribers I have a little doubt: the deadline would also be (as for regular puzzles) the 24:00 hours on the date they are published, right? (since the extra puzzle is very specific each day but the same one for everybody) and the solution available the next day, as with regular puzzles? (in other words if an extra puzzle is not finish within the day the 8 points are "lost", and this applies also to the 12x12 medium on saturdays that in this case has only one day for the solution and not three as the 12x12 regulars on thursdays and sundays, right?).

pnm wrote:
There's also some minor subscription info on the account page (subscribed or not,
and the period you're subscribed for)


I have seen this info too, though in the main page you name this link "Settings" and not "account page" this has created me some initial confusion (the tendency to the literal translation of the non-speaking English persons [confused], I was thinking in the "account" for subscribing) until I have understood that I had to go to the page "Settings" to see that, accesible to all logged users.


Last edited by clm on Sat May 26, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 10:10 pm




Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
clm wrote:
With respect to the new extra puzzles for the subscribers I have a little doubt: the deadline would also be (as for regular puzzles) the 24:00 hours on the date they are published, right? (since the extra puzzle is very specific each day but the same one for everybody)

No, the subscription page says: "one extra "special puzzle" every day, which can be solved any time".
So there's no solution available the next day, and points are not lost
(except I suppose after the 31 days have passed)
clm wrote:
I have seen this info too, though in the main page you name this link "Settings" and not "account page" this has created me some initial confusion until I have understood that I had to go to the page "Settings" to see that.

Good point, probably should rename that link.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun May 27, 2012 1:06 am




Posts: 104
Location: Canada
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
Hey Patrick,

I trust all goes as it should

I will now set up a paypal account, in 10 days or so, and subscribe.

I would of preferred, as I have told you, a donation.

Will is be easy or possible for your worldwide clientele to do so.

For me, in Canada, easy as pie.

Plus all this debate of what extras etc. This is only the elite players seeking advantage or more excitement for them. Or so it seems to me.

For my vote, no need to change a thing or offer anything to subscribers, other than the kudos of membership. I believe the majority have so much fun on this site, they would support it period.

Later

OC


Last edited by frederick on Sun May 27, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Profile

Posted on: Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 am




Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 am
Post Re: subscribe to the site!
opacitaviola wrote:
Hey Patrick,

I trust all goes as it should

I will now set up a paypal account, in 10 days or so, and subscribe.

I would of preferred, as I have told you, a donation.

Will is be easy or possible for your worldwide clientele to do so.

For me, in Canada, easy as pie.

Plus all this debate of what extras etc. This is only the elite players seeking advantage or more excitement for them. Or so it seems to me.

For my vote, no need to change a thing or offer anything to subscribers, other than the kudos of membership. I believe the majority have so much fun on this site, they would support it period.

Later

OC

Hi OC,
I know what you mean about the elite debate about the extras. But did you see the subscribe page? There are 5 bulleted items, and only one is truly for the most competitive of us. I'm not good enough to worry too much about points, and the other 4 bullets are just more puzzles and a better experience from calcudoku.org. Even the item that is really about the competition (5 timed puzzles) simply gives us more puzzles to play.

I am happy to support Patrick AND take my extra cool and special puzzles, and will be doing so soon, thank you very much. :)

Regards,
-Jake


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.