View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:15 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 12x12 errors 

Posted on: Sun May 27, 2012 11:54 am

Post 12x12 errors
Patrick:

At the moment ( 10H45M GMT ) it is missing the puzzle 12x12 but I already gained the golden star of the day!

Posted on: Sun May 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Post Re: REPORT BUG
jomapil wrote:
At the moment ( 10H45M GMT ) it is missing the puzzle 12x12 but I already gained the golden star of the day!

Yes, there's a "one-off" error now because of the extra puzzle I think..
And possibly the bonus puzzle was counted when it shouldn't.

This should be fixed now.

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:38 am

Two things:
1) I cannot see the 12x12 puzzle of today (June 3). I click on it but no puzzle appears. It also says at the moment that I type this that 2 people have solved it though.

2) If I click on the calendar and go to some day in May to look at the puzzles, it sometimes doesn't work. I have to test this out more to know exactly what cases, but maybe it is like if I am on the 12x12 puzzle of today and then I click on a past date it doesn't work but if I start from say 6x6 easy on the current day and then click on a past date it is ok.

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:42 am

About 6 minutes ago everything was being entered in a timely fashion and then WHAM numbers took for ever to appear once put in to the puzzle and the next puzzle is still loading......my computer or your system......HELP

Also, the 12x12 won't load....tried twice and will now log off and try again...the extra did load however!!!!

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:08 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Two things:
1) I cannot see the 12x12 puzzle of today (June 3). I click on it but no puzzle appears. It also says at the moment that I type this that 2 people have solved it though.

ack me too. Do you think we got today's 12x12 for yesterday's extra?

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 am

Interesting -- it is only the 3rd of the month and someone already has 32 "extra" points. If only 8 pts per day is allotted how is this possible?
Also, I have encountered same problem as "sneaklyfox".. 12x12 won't load correctly. just get a screen with the puzzle missing. rating states 0 (). points: 0 solved 2 time(s) so far.
seems like lot of little bugs have cropped up as this new extra subscriber stuff has rolled out this past few days. Guess you don't have room full of testings banging away at the new features. (just kidding!) Keep up the good work Patrick!.
Do you also run that 321monkey.nl site I recently found?. Looks almost identical.

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:48 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Two things:

Exactly the same problem here (IE8) at 08:45 CET, the 12x12 does not load for unlogged, logged/subscriber user (though 2 solutions elsewhere have been sent, so the problem probably appeared around 01:00 CET), perhaps is it related to the better relocation of the flags at the top of the page? (decreasing the available space for the puzzle?).

Posted on: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 am

rickt wrote:
Guess you don't have room full of testings banging away at the new features. (just kidding!) Keep up the good work Patrick!.
Do you also run that 321monkey.nl site I recently found?. Looks almost identical.

Yes, I need some validation / automated testing code (e.g. using Selenium),
so I catch errors like this before they occur.

For some reason June's 12x12 puzzles were not generated. I just generated and
uploaded today's 12x12.

Re: 321monkey, yes, I made that site last year as part of a project to promote
the International Math Olympiad, which was held in the Netherlands last year
(321monkey.com is the English version).

It doesn't have as many features as calcudoku.org, but it does have ranking
by school/class.

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]