View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:59 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 number of regular points incorrect 

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Post Re: REPORT BUG
I have finished the work of the day and I notice, in comparison with other colleagues, an acceptable value to my points. I agree with a difference of 10 points in the REGULAR points but I don't agree with a greater difference. The extra points were not the cause of a greater difference in the regular points ( because I also have did all the extra puzzles ).
Let's see if the next days the situation continues more logical such as now.
Thanks Patrick for the eventual correction of yours.

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
Uhh... I have 412 regular points??? Way wrong... I did all the daily regular puzzles this past week... what's going on? That should be at least 468 I should think! Or more because of more bonus puzzles...

This should be fixed now: another stupid bug, extra puzzles not
done on the day itself were not counted (!)

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:16 pm

pnm wrote:
sneaklyfox wrote:
Uhh... I have 412 regular points??? Way wrong... I did all the daily regular puzzles this past week... what's going on? That should be at least 468 I should think! Or more because of more bonus puzzles...

This should be fixed now: another stupid bug, extra puzzles not
done on the day itself were not counted (!)

Ok, but shouldn't that have affected the points under "extra" instead of "regular"?

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
Ok, but shouldn't that have affected the points under "extra" instead of "regular"?

They were counted as extra points, but not added to the week total.
After that, the regular points are computed by substracting bonus. timed, book, and extra points
from the total...

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Extra puzzles --> 7 days x 8 points = 56.
How is it possible anyone have more than 56 extra points? It would be logical to limit extra points to 56!

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 pm

jomapil wrote:
How is it possible anyone have more than 56 extra points? It would be logical to limit extra points to 56!

Yes, maybe.
Right now the day you _solved_ the extra puzzle is used to get the extra puzzle point in the past 7 days.
Maybe this should become simply the puzzle date.

Patrick

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:51 pm

pnm wrote:
jomapil wrote:

Yes, maybe.
Right now the day you _solved_ the extra puzzle is used to get the extra puzzle point in the past 7 days.
Maybe this should become simply the puzzle date.

Patrick

But then what about the twice a week 12x12s? We've allowed for that to 'skew' weekly totals depending on which of the three days you solve it.

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I favor leaving it the way it is. For the people who do the extra puzzle each and every day on the day it's posted, they will always be #1 in the All Time rankings.

If someone fails to do their daily extra puzzle for a few days (say they're on vacation, or they simply didn't have time or couldn't solve one or more puzzles on the posting day) and then that person comes back or finds some extra time and does more than 7 extra puzzles in a particular week, the ranking will (properly) show that player X solved more than 7 puzzles in the past 7 days. Their All Time score and placement will never be greater than that of someone who did 1 extra puzzle per day. If player X manages to catch up, he or she will only have a brief window of being "#1" in the Last 7 Days ranking.

The advantage to leaving it as-is is that the rest of us will have visibility into who's saving puzzles to be done in a cluster--for whatever reason. And it's what really happened. Someone solved fewer than 7 puzzles per week for a period of time and fell in the Past 7 Days ranking, then did more than 7 puzzles per week for a period of time and (briefly) climbed in the Last 7 Days ranking.

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm

Great post pharosian.. I agree totally. If someone wants to stockpile the extra puzzles, who cares! I guess they have a reason. Right now, it appears that only one person is taking that tact. As for the "skew" re:12x12 , I know in my case sometimes it takes a lot longer to do the 12x12 as there are other priorities and if Patrick allows 2-3 days to submit these, all the better to take the extra time. It only affects 7 day totals for a day or two anyway! Happy puzzling!

Posted on: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I think that now I understood! While I have access by the calendar to the puzzles I can submit my extra puzzles solutions? So can I on the 30th June submit 29 extra puzzles obtaining 29x8 points?

Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next