View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sequence of events in "Your history" 

Posted on: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Post Sequence of events in "Your history"
This is not really a bug but something related.
I have always been surprised by the fact that the solutions do not enter the "history" in an exact chronological order (apparently it should be easier to store the solutions in sequence), for instance, the timed puzzles are always placed in the "older" positions (and in the sequence 6x6, 5x5 and 4x4, with the 4x4 the more recent) followed by the book solution, etc., the rest come in its proper sequence. However, I think it would be more logic to enter the solutions as soon as they are produced; in this way, i.e., I could see "when" I sent the 6x6 timed, if before or after the regulars, etc., or if before or after the 5x5 timed, ... , or in which moment of the process I have sent the book solution.

Posted on: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Post Re: Sequence of events in "Your history"
clm wrote:
This is not really a bug but something related.
I have always been surprised by the fact that the solutions do not enter the "history" in an exact chronological order (apparently it should be easier to store the solutions in sequence), for instance, the timed puzzles are always placed in the "older" positions (and in the sequence 6x6, 5x5 and 4x4, with the 4x4 the more recent) followed by the book solution, etc., the rest come in its proper sequence. However, I think it would be more logic to enter the solutions as soon as they are produced; in this way, i.e., I could see "when" I sent the 6x6 timed, if before or after the regulars, etc., or if before or after the 5x5 timed, ... , or in which moment of the process I have sent the book solution.

This may be a very easy thing to fix, I'll keep you posted.

Posted on: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 pm

The history page now also includes the solving time for each puzzle.

Also (old "bug"), the month names are now shown in the correct language..

Wrt. the timed puzzles: they are not shown in the history, what is shown are
the bonus points for the ranking of the previous day.
(with some effort I could include the actual time that yesterday's best time was achieved..)

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:17 pm

pnm wrote:
The history page now also includes the solving time for each puzzle.

Also (old "bug"), the month names are now shown in the correct language..

Wrt. the timed puzzles: they are not shown in the history, what is shown are
the bonus points for the ranking of the previous day.
(with some effort I could include the actual time that yesterday's best time was achieved..)

Patrick

Thank you very much, Patrick, much more clear now. It sounds logic to place the timed the last, the more recent in the "history", since they are virtually "obtained" at 24:00 hours.
I do not think it's necessary for the moment to make that additional effort, many other priorities.

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]