View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Any suggestions? 

Posted on: Mon May 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Post Re: Any suggestions?
pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:
Make hybrid twin puzzles. twin+zeros. twin+exponentiation. twin+subtraction only. twin+negatives (that might make {-3...+3} easier!). twin+double pattern!!!

There's one such puzzle in the set for subscribers:
http://www.calcudoku.org/ops/subscribe
(6x6 twin from zero)
(not that new, because there are bonus puzzles like that as well)

Ah, well I guess I just haven't done enough bonus puzzles yet. :/

I did get my first gold star today, though! [woot]

Posted on: Mon May 28, 2012 11:50 pm

jake4 wrote:
Ah, well I guess I just haven't done enough bonus puzzles yet. :/

The bonus puzzle assignment is random from a pool from 400 puzzles.
I think 50 of them are the 6x6 twins from zero, so odds are you'll get one this year :-)

Posted on: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:14 pm

I want to do two little suggestions, Patrick:

1 - Can you put the type of the daily extra puzzle also in the table of the special puzzles ( if, of course, the same day the same type )?

2 - Can you put the value of the difficulty in the bonus puzzle?

Posted on: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 pm

jaek wrote:

... Got it. This, to me, is like an extreme untimed puzzle. It took clm 26 hours, so I'm pretty pleased to have finished it in a little more than 2 weeks. [smile] It ended up being a lot of fun, as the interdependence of the various cages was cool.

I do have to confess that I ended up using TAE, but because I simply forgot a possible combination in one cell. About half way through I thought I had eliminated all but one option, forged ahead with that combination and hit a dead end after filling in a dozen or more cells based on that faulty assumption. So on the down side, I'm a little sad that I didn't get a more purely analytical solution. On a positive note, without that mistake I might still be working on this thing.

Thanks to Patrick for generating this difficult, difficult puzzle. Thanks to clm for showing that a solution was attainable and giving the hints and encouragement that compelled me to make a second attempt.

Well, jaek, arjen, ... , another two weeks have elapsed and perhaps it's already time for the full solution, otherwise we could forget this extraordinary puzzle. Though the solution is here we always can erase it and try to do it again.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm

On the calendar, make red any day where there's an unsolved extra puzzle.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:46 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:

Seconded!

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:23 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:

Nice idea, thanks.

Posted on: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Yes! (thirded??)

I'm apparently one short for All Time, and I'm having trouble finding it... I also thought some indicator on the calendar would be a great help.

Posted on: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

In the sequence of " Points limit " I have another suggestion.
There would be two classifications. One, the first league, and the other, the second league.
The first league has the 8x8, 9x9, 10x10, 12x12 and eventually a monthly or weekly 16x16 puzzle. The second league has 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8 puzzles. People dispute what they want. This allows the beginners and people with little time dispute the top ten of the second league inducing more incentive and less dropouts and withdrawals of Calcudoku. So, for the first league all the puzzles ( even the easier ) would count points ( 5 points each, for example ). In this way there would be more people buying the books. Everyone would win with this.
I hope this is a basis for a revolution of the site!

Posted on: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am

China, Hong Kong and Taiwan in the rankings.

Actually there are around 150 players between China and Hong Kong and around 110 players from Taiwan in the All Time ranking (more precisely the first four positions in Asia are from Taiwan) and it seems that new and good players have arrived recently from these countries. I suggest to separate them from Asia in individual lists or alternately to group them in some way (as with Russia and Ukraine).

Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next