View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles 
Author Message
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
 new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
in case you missed it in the Announcements forum...:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=316

:-)


Profile

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17 pm




Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 3:18 am
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
The blurb indicates we can get points for submitting solutions online... how many points is each one worth?


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
pharosian wrote:
The blurb indicates we can get points for submitting solutions online... how many points is each one worth?

9 points, and only for the final 50 puzzles (the difficult ones).

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:37 pm




Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
pnm wrote:
pharosian wrote:
The blurb indicates we can get points for submitting solutions online... how many points is each one worth?

9 points, and only for the final 50 puzzles (the difficult ones).

Patrick


Excellent! [thumbsup] And 250 ! (very competitive in price with respect to similar books). Good presentation (the cover introduces to the idea of a future 3D KSudoku :-)), the continuous lines for graphics look better than the dotted lines (the final idea of not using colours simplifies the editing). Hope to solve the first soon.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:05 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
clm wrote:
Excellent! [thumbsup] And 250 ! (very competitive in price with respect to similar books).

It's meant to be, yes.
To give you an idea: of the list price of $9.95:

$9.24 goes to the publisher, and $0.71 goes to me (!)


Profile

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm




Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Excellent! [thumbsup] And 250 ! (very competitive in price with respect to similar books).

It's meant to be, yes.
To give you an idea: of the list price of $9.95:

$9.24 goes to the publisher, and $0.71 goes to me (!)


The 7% ... that's terrible.

BTW, I just tried to send the first solution of the new book (I did it linking in the "... Tricky Puzzles book ... "), in this case for the puzzle 201, and received an error msg of "b21d8 is not a valid code", is it not possible to send the solutions yet?.


Profile

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:18 pm




Posts: 498
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Excellent! [thumbsup] And 250 ! (very competitive in price with respect to similar books).

It's meant to be, yes.
To give you an idea: of the list price of $9.95:

$9.24 goes to the publisher, and $0.71 goes to me (!)


OMG!!!!.....the publisher gets that much of the entire price......unbelievable!!!


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
clm wrote:
BTW, I just tried to send the first solution of the new book (I did it linking in the "... Tricky Puzzles book ... "), in this case for the puzzle 201, and received an error msg of "b21d8 is not a valid code", is it not possible to send the solutions yet?.

Man, you're fast.
I usually wait with uploading the codes just to see who gets one first :-)

I'll put them in tomorrow.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:27 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
beaker wrote:
OMG!!!!.....the publisher gets that much of the entire price......unbelievable!!!

To be precise, that's the absolute amount they get (the $9.24).

So if I'd set the price at $10.95, for example, my share would go
up by a dollar as well (so to $1.71). Etcetera. But I decided to
make the price as low as possible (well almost).

And for the PDF download their cost is lower: of the $3.95 the publisher gets
$1.29, and the author $2.66.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:54 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: new book with Killer Sudoku puzzles
clm wrote:
BTW, I just tried to send the first solution of the new book (I did it linking in the "... Tricky Puzzles book ... "), in this case for the puzzle 201, and received an error msg of "b21d8 is not a valid code", is it not possible to send the solutions yet?.

You should now be able to submit solutions.

I should change the books page so there is a single "submit solution" link for all books
(because there is a single page for all books anyway).

Patrick


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.