View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 consecutive days "puzzling" 

Posted on: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Post consecutive days "puzzling"
Pun intended!
Not a new topic, but I sure would be interested in knowing how many consecutive days I have been doing puzzles.......I think it has been everyday since March 22 or 23rd of 2012.......would be nice to see a ranking of these days in comparison to other users................Ken

Posted on: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 am

Post Re: consecutive days "puzzling"
beaker wrote:
Pun intended!
Not a new topic, but I sure would be interested in knowing how many consecutive days I have been doing puzzles.......I think it has been everyday since March 22 or 23rd of 2012.......would be nice to see a ranking of these days in comparison to other users................Ken

Maybe I should remove the 100 day limit, could be interesting :-)

Posted on: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Totally in favour of that.....Ken (and yes it would be interesting to see who has the longest streak going and how long it is!!)........Ken

Posted on: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:42 pm

As it is very easy to do just a 4x4 and count that day in the "consecutive days" ranking, maybe a "consecutive gold stars" ranking would be more relevant.

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:36 am

pnm wrote:
beaker wrote:
Pun intended!

Maybe I should remove the 100 day limit, could be interesting :-)

As probably the holder of the (no longer current) longest consecutive days streak, and probably the longest doing all the daily puzzles, (Patrick can probably find out the length, but it's been years) I DON'T think this is a good idea.

Once you get to a time span of years, you start worrying about getting your puzzles done no matter what, such as when you are on vacation, and you can miss out on the more important things in life.

I finally took a vacation without internet access for close to two weeks, and it was very relaxing. It gave me a new perspective on how much time I devote to doing puzzles. I'm back to doing all the puzzles every day, but I've had my long consecutive day streak and I don't need another one so I'm not going to worry about missing another day.

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 am

Man, I was just curious about something and again every one has a different idea as to how it should be presented......I just simply wanted to know about how many days i have been doing this and as for the gold star @^*$%, that pretty much limits it to the elite once again!!!

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 am

Sorry for the "rant", but I just wanted to know for myself and not in a competitive way.......too much of this site is now about competition amongst the elite.......I remember when I first started doing the puzzles that there seemed to be a more "relaxed atmosphere" which I still maintain because I have cut back on my 3-4 hour "puzzling habit" to just 1.5 hours a day and of course with "my old brain" that is not nearly enough time to do all of them (besides most of the 9x9 or more rated difficulty are way beyond "my ken"!!!!)

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:33 am

I think it would be fun to remove the 100 consecutive days thing too. And it would be fun to have a "record" streak, probably by mparisi. I wonder how many days he did it without any break.

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 am

I'm not saying that "we" should remove the 100 day list but I thought it would be interesting to see what the longest streaks are (say the top 20 or ????)

Posted on: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:43 am

You could also just have it in "Your History". Actually I think this may have been mentioned before. It would be nice to include personal stats all on one page. Like for timed puzzles, you have to click a few pages to see your personal bests.

Biggest streak (consecutive days puzzling)...
All the timed puzzle stats (single best, average of 100, average of best 3)...

Anything else?

Would also be neat (but much extra work for Patrick) to see graphs of your performance over time for timed puzzles. Then you can see how you've been improving.

Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next