View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 what to change 

Posted on: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Post Re: what to change
Or, as I am retired, it does help to pass some of the time of day and most of the puzzles are a challenge (and the others are just too difficult so can't worry about them)

Posted on: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 am

rickt wrote:
rickt wrote:
Interesting stats Patrick - Just my observation from my starting point last March would be that there are currently more great puzzles solvers than when I began here. I am surprised that your stats show a downward trend. Competition is very keen at the top of the leaderboard with many daily 100% puzzle solvers especially since the subscriptions started in June. Right now its just a matter of daily jockeying for position to attain the top of the leaderboard based on usage of banked extra puzzles and other slight tweaks. There should be a better way to do this. Personally, I have come close to reaching the burnout factor as I am spending too much time on this and my wife laughs at me! [biggrin] So I plan to reach a nice round total points number here in a few weeks and then see if I can cure my addiction, cold turkey..Will still check in from time to time to keep sharp but no longer accrue any total points beyond 20,000..

Well just checking in to say that life is great after reaching 20K pts. and stopping cold turkey. Upon reflection, I can't believe I wasted so much time devoted to solving all these puzzles. Guess it can suck you in if you let it. One puzzle every few days or so is fun now and not obligated to feel I have to solve em all to stay competitive. Some of you out there should try this and find other things to do with the time you spend every day on this site [biggrin] You might surprise yourself.. Happy Holidays !!!

Well, I haven't really stopped. But it's much better now. And since I have stopped caring about the points, it's much more relaxing. Nice that you can stop cold turkey. Maybe I should consider getting to a nice round number too... but I have to check how far away that is. I'm finding a lot of other things to do with my time. I think for me this may be the beginning of the end. [biggrin]

Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 am

I am really a fan of the new method for entering pencil marks with the pencil button on the on-screen display. The pencil button should toggle, and while it's on, the entry window should stay open so multiple pencil marks could be entered.

Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:50 pm

jake4 wrote:
I am really a fan of the new method for entering pencil marks with the pencil button on the on-screen display. The pencil button should toggle, and while it's on, the entry window should stay open so multiple pencil marks could be entered.

Good idea, thanks, I'll see what I can do :-)

Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5