View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 long overdue: guesses now also saved 
Author Message
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
 long overdue: guesses now also saved
another one that has been on my list for a long time: now, when you
use "Save for later", your "pencilled in" numbers are also saved :-)


Profile

Posted on: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 pm




Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
<pressing "Like" button> [smile]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:14 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
bram wrote:
<pressing "Like" button> [smile]

:-)

it must have been annoying though, "Save for later", maybe your
puzzle had dozens of carefully determined guesses in there, load
later, all gone :-(


Profile

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:55 pm




Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
pnm wrote:
another one that has been on my list for a long time: now, when you
use "Save for later", your "pencilled in" numbers are also saved :-)


Thanks, I've wanted this feature for a long time!

Unfortunately it's not working correctly for me. Whatever guesses I've entered get subtracted from 1 plus the size of the puzzle. For example, in a 9x9 puzzle, if I enter 3 and 4 as the possibilities for a cell, click "Save for later", and refresh the page, the 3 and 4 get changed to 6 and 7.

As a workaround, I can save and refresh again; now the guesses get changed back to what they were.

Also, it appears that the guesses only get saved if at least one cell has a definite value in it.

Finally, if I click "Clear all cells", the guesses don't get cleared, so now there's no way to restart a puzzle from scratch without going around to each cell, holding the shift key, and reentering all the guesses in that cell.

In case it matters, I'm using Safari version 4.1.3 on an iMac.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
hm, ok, as usual things are not perfect from the start... :-(

thanks for the reports, will fix..

Edit: the "Clear all cells" should now also clear the guesses.

And yes, it is not possible to save an empty puzzle at the moment.
Would it be better if that was possible?


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
The save/load of guesses should work ok now.

Also, setting/clearing a cell will now also clear the guesses.

Next I should probably test the behaviour for puzzles with negative numbers, etc...


Profile

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm




Posts: 116
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 3:18 am
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
nylimb wrote:
pnm wrote:
another one that has been on my list for a long time: now, when you
use "Save for later", your "pencilled in" numbers are also saved :-)


Thanks, I've wanted this feature for a long time!


ME TOO!!! YAYYYY!

Quote:
Finally, if I click "Clear all cells", the guesses don't get cleared, so now there's no way to restart a puzzle from scratch without going around to each cell, holding the shift key, and reentering all the guesses in that cell.


Not that it matters, but it worked that way before this new feature. I rarely clear all cells, but on those few occasions when I did, the guesses remained.

I can't wait to try this out!


Profile

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 pm




Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
pnm wrote:
The save/load of guesses should work ok now.

Also, setting/clearing a cell will now also clear the guesses.


Thanks. The only bug I still see is that you can't save the board if you haven't filled in a definite value for any cell. But that's a pretty rare situation, so not a big problem.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:31 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
nylimb wrote:
Thanks. The only bug I still see is that you can't save the board if you haven't filled in a definite value for any cell. But that's a pretty rare situation, so not a big problem.

Ah.. of course, now I realize: it used to not save an empty board, but
of course if there are only guesses in there, it's not empty...

should be easy to fix, give me a minute :)

Edit: yes, that was a one-line change, this should work now :-)


Profile

Posted on: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm




Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm
Post Re: long overdue: guesses now also saved
pnm wrote:
Edit: yes, that was a one-line change, this should work now :-)


Excellent! Thanks.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.