View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Lowering level of participation 

Posted on: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Post Re: Lowering level of participation
Another justification for reducing the number of puzzles!

And/or the idea of only counting the 5 highest scoring puzzles
(quality over quantity [smile] )

Posted on: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:38 am

I left the competition long ago, because I got bored solving the easiest puzzles just to add points to my score. I also don't get any thrills tackling the difficult killers. Solving them seems like just an exercise in random guessing (unless I'm missing something & there's some way to better hone my skills). I wouldn't consider leaving the site, because of the many unique types of difficult calcudokus, which are so much fun to solve. I like Patrick's idea of limiting the number of points to acquire each day, rather than decreasing the number of puzzles per day. Btw that new pencil option is wonderful & makes solving many of the puzzles much faster.

Best regards,
cecileb

Posted on: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:01 pm

With less puzzles available and only the top 5 results counting, shouldn't the interval between bonus puzzles be reduced a bit again?

Posted on: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

mce wrote:
With less puzzles available and only the top 5 results counting, shouldn't the interval between bonus puzzles be reduced a bit again?

Yes, once that happens, the bonus interval will definitely be reduced (at least halved, I'd say)

Posted on: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 am

I've lowered my participation because of babies. Mine is 6 months old; also, my boss is out on maternity leave and I've taken a large chunk of her responsibilities.

It's not you, it's me.

Posted on: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi everyone.
Several months ago I finished my participation in the " competition ". It always consumed many hours everyday.
But I continue to solve offline the 9x9, 10x10 and 12x12. And so, I have time to solve PC games ( RPG, action, adventure ) and to see the series and movies on TV.
When it's time I will renew my subscription ( In May I suppose ). And I will buy the books of Patrick ( but only 12x12 ).
I don't understand the inclusion of killer sudokus in the Site ( neither exclusive books about them ). On the Net there are thousands of killer sudokus but only one about the Calcudoku that Patrick offered us with.
I know there are many calcudolics that prefer the books with only the 12x12. Joint your voice at mine so Patrick publish them.
I want to thank to Patrick and all the other colleagues the friendship along these months and specially our Friend Clm ( and I felt sad when I knew Sneaklyfox abandoned the game ).
So long! And don't forget that, offline, I continue always present with you solving the puzzles.

Posted on: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm

jomapil wrote:
And so, I have time to solve PC games ( RPG, action, adventure ) and to see the series and movies on TV.

Pah, who needs PC games, series, and movies [tongue]
(that said, I did waste an inordinate amount of time on Minecraft the past 2 years [blink] )
jomapil wrote:
I don't understand the inclusion of killer sudokus in the Site ( neither exclusive books about them ). On the Net there are thousands of killer sudokus but only one about the Calcudoku that Patrick offered us with.

The idea was to use the popularity of Killer Sudoku to get people to the site,
and start doing Calcudokus.
jomapil wrote:
I know there are many calcudolics that prefer the books with only the 12x12. Joint your voice at mine so Patrick publish them.

Maybe it's time for a new "Advanced puzzles" book.
That has always been the most popular one.

Patrick

Posted on: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

jomapil wrote:
Hi everyone.
Several months ago I finished my participation in the " competition ". It always consumed many hours everyday.
But I continue to solve offline the 9x9, 10x10 and 12x12. ...
I don't understand the inclusion of killer sudokus in the Site ...

I want to thank to Patrick and all the other colleagues the friendship along these months and specially our Friend Clm ( and I felt sad when I knew Sneaklyfox abandoned the game ).
So long! And don't forget that, offline, I continue always present with you solving the puzzles.

Hi, jomapil, a great and very nice surprise to hear from you again (and muito obrigado for your reference, the friendship is from my part either), I had observed that you were not in the 7-days ranking for a long time but there are always other priorities including different hobbies ..., however I see now that a real pasionate calcudoker never fully abandons the game (as it will occur with sneaklyfox) and in different moments (off-line, ... ) continues playing, the Calcudoku is a very young "baby" game and there are many things to be discovered yet.

The killer sudokus are simply a digression in this site however I find them amused (actually I am usually doing them first, and I prefer the difficult ones, in this way I am more impatient to do the Calcudokus after :-) ); but I fully agree in the need of a new book with 12x12's (btw, two days ago it was a significative date in this context: 12-12-12) ... perhaps in the spring [smile]?. Meanwhile I am sure you will be waiting the special "Christmas" and "New year" puzzles that Patrick must be prepearing ... at that time pse get the 25 points each.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for the next dates (and for all puzzlers in this site).

Posted on: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

clm wrote:
Meanwhile I am sure you will be waiting the special "Christmas" and "New year" puzzles that Patrick must be prepearing ... at that time pse get the 25 points each.

I'm quite busy though, and visiting family over the holidays.

Feel free to submit a candidate puzzle :-)

(file format described here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48&p=1577#p1577
)

Posted on: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 am

clm wrote:
however I see now that a real pasionate calcudoker never fully abandons the game (as it will occur with sneaklyfox)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for the next dates (and for all puzzlers in this site).

Merry Christmas! clm, were you predicting my return just now? (No, I'm not really back.) Just wanted to see what was happening with you guys and reply to a few personal messages. I'm rusty with timed puzzles if you check.

Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next