View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Green line 

Posted on: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 am

Post Green line
Sorry, what's the green line under the puzzle?
Happy new year to everybody.
Carlo

Posted on: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:54 am

Post Re: Green line
I have also been wondering what the green line might mean.

cecileb

Posted on: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:05 am

This question was posted some time ago and Patrick's response at the time was something like "I'm just playing with your minds".....but as the green line happens everyday and has been for some time, then I think the question becomes more valid.....so, Patrick, when your holidays are over how about an explanation.....on another note, hope all have a great New Year and may all your puzzles be solveable whether they are are on this site, some other site, or part of your life.........Ken

Posted on: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:24 pm

From about 5 minutes ago, the explanation is visible: it marks a single
Calcudoku puzzle every day that is available only to subscribers.

It cycles through all puzzles for every day eventually, except for the 4x4's.

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:10 am

La novità della linea verde per calcudoku riservato agli abbonati non è piaciuta a me e ad altri frequentatori del sito.
Gli abbonati avevano già il gioco extra e maggiori possibilità in kenken temporizzati.
Precludere la possibilità di avere la stellina ai non abbonati non invoglia ad abbonarsi, ma, piuttosto, fa scegliere di abbandonare questo sito e cercarne altri.
Quando la possibilità di avere lo spadino solamente per gli abbonati? Tra non molto, immagino!
Saluti e Buon Anno a tutti!

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:23 am

So now it is now impossible for non-subscribers to obtain a daily star since there is no possible way to solve all requisite puzzles? Seems like this new "feature" is more prone to drive people away than to draw them into becoming subscribers.

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

But pulcetta and rickt, do you have any positive suggestions for ways of making users subscribe to this site? You have all-time scores of 9k+ and 24k+ points, respectively, and thus are well acquainted with what calcudoku.org has to offer. As a non-subscriber and a former subscriber, what would make you go, "Yes! I am going go (re)subscribe today!"?

I am not convinced users will be driven away rather than motivated to subscribe by being technically barred from earning gold stars. Also, driving a few non-subscribers away would mean only a minimal loss of revenue (if any at all), so if I were Patrick, I would consider it a risk worth taking in exploring the option of making a bit more of the existing content/perks subscribers-only.

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:24 am

Good question! Will try to think of something constructive and get back on that.

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 pm

pulcetta wrote:
Precludere la possibilità di avere la stellina ai non abbonati non invoglia ad abbonarsi

Ho appena corretto :-)

Posted on: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 pm

rickt wrote:
So now it is now impossible for non-subscribers to obtain a daily star since there is no possible way to solve all requisite puzzles?

No, that was an oversight, this has been fixed now (you have your star now :-) )
rickt wrote:
Seems like this new "feature" is more prone to drive people away than to draw them into becoming subscribers.

I thought that the difference between non-subscriber/subscriber was too small: simply
compare the number of free puzzles to the number of extra puzzles you get when you
subscribe (today, for example: 13 free puzzles and now 2 subscriber puzzles (!)).

By the way, I still need to write a script that updates the "subscriber" tags in the forum
(now still showing for people whose subscription has expired..)

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next