View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:53 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site 
Author Message
User avatar

Posted on: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
 a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
This just added: if you "share" the site via Facebook or Google+,
you'll get a free booklet with 10 special puzzles:

- three tricky 4x4 puzzles
- one 10x10 twin puzzle
- two 11x11 puzzles
- a 7x7 puzzle, subtraction only
- a 15x15 puzzle
- a 9x9 puzzle with negative numbers (-4 ... 4)
- a patterned 8x8 puzzle

After you do the share, you'll get a message box with a thank you, and
the booklet will be downloadable from your account page.


As always, scream if anything isn't working as it should..

Patrick


Last edited by pnm on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.



Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
The same now also works for Google+: if you login using Google+,
then share using the "+1" button to the left of the puzzle, you'll get the booklet :-)

That said, so far 2 people (that's TWO) have logged in via Google+.. [huh]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:14 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
 Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
A few more updates (there goes my Saturday [tongue] ):

- iPhone (and related) fixes (for example, it was possible to do the subscriber-only puzzles via the iPhone (!))
- Twitter/Facebook/Google+ share links for individual puzzles

Soon it will be possible to do the "site share" thing without having to be
logged in to Facebook/Google+ (which gets you the booklet).

Patrick


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:54 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
Now you can also share the site on Facebook/Google+ whilst
logged in using a regular account.

I'll add a few more puzzles to the "special booklet" as well :-)

Edit: four more puzzles were added:
- a 7x7 puzzle, subtraction only
- a 15x15 puzzle
- a 9x9 puzzle with negative numbers
- a patterned 8x8 puzzle

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 am




Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 am
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
pnm wrote:
The same now also works for Google+: if you login using Google+,
then share using the "+1" button to the left of the puzzle, you'll get the booklet :-)

That said, so far 2 people (that's TWO) have logged in via Google+.. [huh]


I tried to logged in via Google+, but it breakes all my progress. That's why I reverted to normal login.
Maybe, if you can implement merging of native account and G+ account, that will be more convinient to stay always logged in here.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
default wrote:
I tried to logged in via Google+, but it breakes all my progress. That's why I reverted to normal login.
Maybe, if you can implement merging of native account and G+ account, that will be more convinient to stay always logged in here.

Yes, that's next on the list, and it should be that difficult to implement:
1) login normally
2) "merge" with Google+/Facebook


Profile

Posted on: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm




Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
pnm wrote:
Now you can also share the site on Facebook/Google+ whilst
logged in using a regular account.

I'll add a few more puzzles to the "special booklet" as well :-)

Edit: four more puzzles were added:
- a 7x7 puzzle, subtraction only
- a 15x15 puzzle
- a 9x9 puzzle with negative numbers
- a patterned 8x8 puzzle

Patrick


This 9x9 with negative numbers (-4 thru 4?) is an interesting novelty that perhaps could be included as "extra puzzle" alternating , i.e, on thursdays with the 7x7 with negative numbers (every other week) [thumbup]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
clm wrote:
This 9x9 with negative numbers (-4 thru 4?) is an interesting novelty

It is. I thought I'd run out of novelties, but there you go :-)


Profile

Posted on: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 am




Posts: 66
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 9:37 am
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
Patrick, when you introduced the 5x5 puzzle ‘-2..2’, I was forced to update my system.
I chose for an ‘extra layer’, that is: the set of figures to be used.
So you might use as well a set of prime numbers!


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: a couple of special puzzles when you "share" the site
nicow wrote:
Patrick, when you introduced the 5x5 puzzle ‘-2..2’, I was forced to update my system.
I chose for an ‘extra layer’, that is: the set of figures to be used.
So you might use as well a set of prime numbers!

Yes, that has been on my "ideas list" for a long time now: use an arbitrary set of numbers.

It's not even that hard to put in (fairly large project, because code has to change
in many places, but it's not difficult)


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.