View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Consecutive Days solving counter 

Posted on: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 pm

Post Consecutive Days solving counter
So for clarification, does it look at the end of the day if you've solved puzzles, or does it instantaneously change your days when you solve one? Basically, will Sneaklyfox's points start rolling off on account of time, or has he truly gotten 556 points in 6 days?

Posted on: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Post Re: Consecutive Days solving counter
starling wrote:
So for clarification, does it look at the end of the day if you've solved puzzles, or does it instantaneously change your days when you solve one? Basically, will Sneaklyfox's points start rolling off on account of time, or has he truly gotten 556 points in 6 days?

The weekly total is computed every day at midnight (CET), but in a low priority process,
so it takes about 15 minutes to update all accounts.
It is then (obviously) updated during the day.

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 am

What, starling, were you afraid that I'd have more points than you? I don't think I could if you do all the daily puzzles. I don't know why it said I had done 6 days of puzzles. I think I had actually done 7? Oh, and I'm a she. :)

Posted on: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:38 am

off topic: hey ms. fox r u doing book puzzles? I keep wondering how u pull away so fast on me.

Posted on: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:23 am

Usually not, but on rare occasion.

Posted on: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:41 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
What, starling, were you afraid that I'd have more points than you? I don't think I could if you do all the daily puzzles. I don't know why it said I had done 6 days of puzzles. I think I had actually done 7? Oh, and I'm a she. :)

Basically yes, since I was considering the possibility that you had sufficient book puzzles to make up for the gap in timed puzzles, not to mention I've actually skipped two puzzles(A 9x9 and a 10x10), which I anticipated having enough timed points to make up for. And apparently you had done 7, since some points rolled off, much to my relief. And sorry for the gender pronoun, that was more of a universal he than a "this person is definitely male". Since they isn't grammatically acceptable as a third person singular gender neutral...

Posted on: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm not in the least bit offended by the male gender pronoun. Anyway, I would assume that most of the solvers here are male although I'm sure there are other females out there. I don't generally use book puzzles. However, you're not so far ahead that I couldn't top you by using a few book puzzles but I won't because there's not much point in doing that in my view. I'll appear as #1 in the world, but we'll still be quite aware that you're faster. I'm content to be #2 for now. :)

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]