View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:07 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle 
Author Message

Posted on: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:26 pm




Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
I have solved this 17x17 puzzle proposed on Dec 24, 2013. Btw, I suggest to include the drawing in the Forum for future reference since logically after some time that special link will be removed.

Despite those big cages (8-cell, 7-cell and three 6-cell cages, ...) the puzzle is easy-medium in my opinion though it requires some time. What makes it interesting is the presence of the "prime" number 17 :-) :-), of course. Like in the past (with other Christmas puzzles) probably awarding some points to it (i.e., via a book code) would motivate more puzzlers to complete it.

(This is the first 17x17 calcudoku proposed in this site IIRC)


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:43 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
clm wrote:
Btw, I suggest to include the drawing in the Forum for future reference since logically after some time that special link will be removed.

Ok, here's the link:

http://www.calcudoku.org/calcudoku_endofyear.pdf

[woot]

clm wrote:
(This is the first 17x17 calcudoku proposed in this site IIRC)

As opposed to all those 17x17 puzzles on other sites??? :-)


Profile

Posted on: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:57 pm




Posts: 694
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Btw, I suggest to include the drawing in the Forum for future reference since logically after some time that special link will be removed.

Ok, here's the link:

http://www.calcudoku.org/calcudoku_endofyear.pdf

[woot]

clm wrote:
(This is the first 17x17 calcudoku proposed in this site IIRC)

As opposed to all those 17x17 puzzles on other sites??? :-)


Thanks, I have saved the pdf.

Yeah, then this is a millestone, since the 16x16 was the wider till the moment, right?. I think other sites only reach the 9x9 (for the moment [smile]).


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:36 am




Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm
Post Re: The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
I finished the end-of-year puzzle with 80 minutes left in 2013 (according to the server clock). I think clm summed it up nicely. Not overly hard - just requires dedication to stick it through to the end. And the most enjoyable part is cells like 238x and 272x. Thanks very much.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:47 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
Here's the solution of the puzzle, courtesy of 'veryevilking',
with annotation of thought processes :-)

Image


Profile

Posted on: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:48 am




Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 11:45 am
Post Re: The calcudoku.org 2013 End Of Year Puzzle
hahaha [thumbup]


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.