View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Excel killer solver 

Posted on: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 am

Post Excel killer solver
Can anyone recommend a killer excel solver.

Posted on: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Post Re: Excel killer solver
dmots wrote:
Can anyone recommend a killer excel solver.

My Killer solver is derived from my solver in Excel. I do not plan to give it free.

It does some logic, also some 'innies', and all only by tables.
Its logic is restricted, but it solves every killer.

Posted on: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Why would anyone want or need a solver for any puzzles on this site? Maybe to learn how to have more success at solving (and then not need them anymore). What is the challenge in that???

Posted on: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 am

pboneputt wrote:
Why would anyone want or need a solver for any puzzles on this site? Maybe to learn how to have more success at solving (and then not need them anymore). What is the challenge in that???

There are many sorts of challenges creating a working model solving puzzles fully automatically with the least amount of programming code. To experience this, the only way is to try it yourself!

I love to see the wide open eyes of graduated persons when I explain the inner working of my model. "I didn't know this was possible in Excel!" "Why don't we learn this at school!!"

You can have Excel drawing arrows to source cells or to target cells. So you can clearly see how information flows though the model. Blocks of cells containing equivalent formulae process a certain analysis of the puzzle, like revealing hidden pairs.
Our human brain processes information much the same way. People like to see this and show themselves astonished. It also shows the power of the human brain: all brain cells work parallel, and if some thousands of braincells were connected the same way as in my model, our brain would solve the puzzle in a millisecond.

Yet my model is very inferior to expert puzzlers like clm. It lacks his creativity. The ultimate challenge!

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]