View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Congratulations clm... 

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

Post Congratulations clm...
on becoming the second member of the 100000 Club! Quite, quite impressive.

mparisi, clm, pnm. What is it about M names around here? (The group of initials is commutative, right? First and last initials can be swapped?)

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 pm

Re: Congratulations clm...
jaek wrote:
mparisi, clm, pnm. What is it about M names around here? (The group of initials is commutative, right? First and last initials can be swapped?)

There are 2847 accounts with 100 points or more.

Out of those, 555 are Facebook accounts, 32 are Google plus accounts (a measure of their relative popularity?).

Of the remaining 2260, there are 518 with an 'm' in them (23%! [scared] )
(188 start with an 'm')

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Post Re: Congratulations clm...
[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] YAY clm!!!!!!!!!!!!! [biggrin] [biggrin]

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 pm

jaek,

I did a quick very rough count of the top 30 on the world all time list for number of names a letter appears.

Top consonants include N 12, L 11, S 11, R 10, T 9, M 8, C 6, J 6 & K 6.

Top vowels include A 19, E 15, I 12 & 0 12.

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Salud y aplausos

a grand achievement !!

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you very much, good friends, jaek, pnm, sjs34, opacitaviola (from Madrid to Nova Scotia).

When I arrived at exactly 10 ^ 5 points I stopped a little and thought:

"Shall I continue to 200,000?", "Shall I take a 'sabatic' year?", ... , the thing is that I precisely had an extra puzzle with exponentitation today so the temptation was too strong and I decided to continue :-) :-) (I assume that, at a rate of around 500 points per week, I will need around 200 weeks, 4 years, let's see ... , anyway my "maximum consecutive days" in my "history" is 1093 today, and I know I have been sending absolutely all regular puzzles (including sudokus when not scoring points), from april 12, 2011, and consequently obtaining 1093 consecutive gold stars. To celebrate it, instead of stopping, I have completed today the 5 Million Puzzles Solved! 17x17 puzzle :-) :-) (observing that the time required to solution these very big puzzles increases geometrically with the size ... ) and verified the solution (advanced by Patrick anyway).

Posted on: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:24 pm

clm wrote:
I have been sending absolutely all regular puzzles (including sudokus when not scoring points), from april 12, 2011, and consequently obtaining 1093 consecutive gold stars. To celebrate it, instead of stopping, I have completed today the 5 Million Puzzles Solved! 17x17 puzzle :-) :-)

Crazy stuff – and what a fitting way to celebrate! Congratulations to everyone's favourite calcudoku instructor!

sjs34 wrote:
Top consonants include N 12, L 11, S 11, R 10, T 9, M 8, C 6, J 6 & K 6.
No B? [sad] I wish to file a complaint along with beaker and bertoldo! Oh well, at least I have the coveted M …
By the way, sjs34, now that both mparisi and clm have reached the 100000 milestone, you do realise what's expected of you, don't you? [wink]

Posted on: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:43 am

clm wrote:
Thank you very much, good friends, jaek, pnm, sjs34, opacitaviola (from Madrid to Nova Scotia).

When I arrived at exactly 10 ^ 5 points I stopped a little and thought:

"Shall I continue to 200,000?", "Shall I take a 'sabatic' year?", ... , the thing is that I precisely had an extra puzzle with exponentitation today so the temptation was too strong and I decided to continue :-) :-) (I assume that, at a rate of around 500 points per week, I will need around 200 weeks, 4 years, let's see ... , anyway my "maximum consecutive days" in my "history" is 1093 today, and I know I have been sending absolutely all regular puzzles (including sudokus when not scoring points), from april 12, 2011, and consequently obtaining 1093 consecutive gold stars. To celebrate it, instead of stopping, I have completed today the 5 Million Puzzles Solved! 17x17 puzzle :-) :-) (observing that the time required to solution these very big puzzles increases geometrically with the size ... ) and verified the solution (advanced by Patrick anyway).

Congratulations and keep up the good work. I always like your insightful analysis for puzzle solutions. Just don't let the consecutive days streak (congratulations on that as well) take over your life.

Posted on: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:24 am

I am just ahead of clm in the consecutive days (2nd overall) which is the only "top position" I have and so will try to continue.....however, a road trip holiday of 5 weeks is going to happen at end of May and my streak will probably end giving clm another milestone.....possibly in 2 years will have 100,000 but would not be any where near my 11th position if it were not for clm and his tables on mod and bit/wise puzzles....thanks again clm and congratulations on attaining 100,000 points [thumbsup]

Posted on: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 am

bram wrote:
Crazy stuff – and what a fitting way to celebrate! Congratulations to everyone's favourite calcudoku instructor!

Thank you, bram, for so gentle words, as usual, but you are, among others, a better (and faster) puzzler than me, so it's impossible to be your instructor (some times for medium players ... [smile]).

mparisi wrote:
Congratulations and keep up the good work. I always like your insightful analysis for puzzle solutions. Just don't let the consecutive days streak (congratulations on that as well) take over your life.

Thank you, mparisi, I simply follow your wake. I agree that many times, i.e., opening the notebook at 24:00 hours CET (it's midnight here), at home, in the hotel, after a trip, ... , when you feel really tired, it represents some sacrifice.

With respect to the Calcudoku itself I am convinced that there are structural relationships among the numbers that we have not seen yet and this becomes obsessive for me.

beaker wrote:
I am just ahead of clm in the consecutive days (2nd overall) which is the only "top position" I have and so will try to continue.....however, a road trip holiday of 5 weeks is going to happen at end of May and my streak will probably end giving clm another milestone.....possibly in 2 years will have 100,000 but would not be any where near my 11th position if it were not for clm and his tables on mod and bit/wise puzzles....thanks again clm and congratulations on attaining 100,000 points [thumbsup]

Thank you, beaker, good trip (5 weeks is wonderful), it's more difficult to choose the appropriate hotel (with the appropriate kitchenette, ... ) than sending at least 3 or 4 solutions everyday, I am sure you will keep your streak (i.e.: while the car rests, you may open the page ... :-) ), you are another example of fidelity to this "club", continuosly going up in the rankings (congratulations for that 11th position [thumbsup] ).

-----------------------
Having arrived to the 10 ^ 5 points (in 43 and a half months), I must remind here two great colleagues there is a long time do not send any solution: sneaklyfox and picklepep, I hope one day they return.

Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next