View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bonus trigger problem 
Author Message

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 2:41 am




Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Bonus trigger problem
Leaving yesterday I was 4 points shy of the bonus which my timed points gave me going into today. When I went to the bonus I had a new puzzle but it said that I had already solved it. I knew that I hadn't so I solved it anyway. It persisted in saying I had already solved it, though, and awarded no points.


Profile

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 3:04 am




Posts: 500
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
I think you have to solve one more puzzle because the bonus points won't trigger the new bonus......this happened to me in the past and Patrick said something about the bonus points and suggested I do the easy 4x4 for 1 more point and then the new bonus was available!


Profile

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 am




Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
I assumed that so I did one before I solved the bonus. Furthermore, the bonus puzzle was a new one. It just came with the assertion that I had already solved it. I have since solved a bunch more of today's puzzles. The problem persists.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
sjs34 wrote:
Leaving yesterday I was 4 points shy of the bonus which my timed points gave me going into today. When I went to the bonus I had a new puzzle but it said that I had already solved it. I knew that I hadn't so I solved it anyway. It persisted in saying I had already solved it, though, and awarded no points.

Yes, this exact same problem was reported to me by another user 8 days ago,
after which I added more logging to the bonus puzzle selection code.

You were assigned a bonus puzzle you did before (in your case, on June 29th, 2011 [blink]),
I'm hoping to now be able to find out why that happened.

Patrick


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
beaker wrote:
I think you have to solve one more puzzle because the bonus points won't trigger the new bonus......this happened to me in the past and Patrick said something about the bonus points and suggested I do the easy 4x4 for 1 more point and then the new bonus was available!

That particular problem was fixed a while back (so now if your timed bonus points
trigger a bonus puzzle, you'll get it).

However, the recent "bonus puzzle selection" efficiency improvement introduced a bug in the
bit that does this when adding timed bonus points :-|

Fixed now [thumbup]

sjs34: you should have a new bonus puzzle, one you haven't solved before [smile]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:27 pm




Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
I may have hit one of these errors. If not, then something similar.

I had a new bonus puzzle target of 60288. It looks like I solved the 7/7/2014 6x6 difficult to get exactly 60288. I _believe_ that instead of clicking on the 'Ok' button on the completion pop up I went directly to the bonus puzzle link. The timed puzzle bonus points posted at close to the exact same time.

So whether because of being assigned a duplicate bonus puzzle, timed points being the trigger, or some other weird timing issue, I should have a new bonus puzzle but instead see the note that I've already solved this particular puzzle.

Thanks,
Jaek


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:42 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
jaek wrote:
I _believe_ that instead of clicking on the 'Ok' button on the completion pop up I went directly to the bonus puzzle link. The timed puzzle bonus points posted at close to the exact same time.

The "/bonus" link should always lead you to your current (so in your case, new) bonus puzzle.

I'll investigate.. [confused]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
jaek wrote:
So whether because of being assigned a duplicate bonus puzzle, timed points being the trigger, or some other weird timing issue, I should have a new bonus puzzle but instead see the note that I've already solved this particular puzzle.

Yes, you got assigned a bonus puzzle you already solved on the 12th of May.

I assigned you a new one now, will try and figure out why this happened :-(


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 pm




Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
pnm wrote:
jaek wrote:
So whether because of being assigned a duplicate bonus puzzle, timed points being the trigger, or some other weird timing issue, I should have a new bonus puzzle but instead see the note that I've already solved this particular puzzle.

Yes, you got assigned a bonus puzzle you already solved on the 12th of May.

I assigned you a new one now, will try and figure out why this happened :-(

Thank you!


Profile

Posted on: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:22 am




Posts: 3
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:27 am
Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
I qualified for a bonus puzzle but was shortly afterwords locked out of the bonus without having a chance to solve it. Qualified at 54,594 and locked out at about 54,602


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.