View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Total daily scores/averages 

Posted on: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:29 am

Post Re: Total daily scores/averages
sneaklyfox wrote:
... I have one very good excuse for being dumb and slow lately. I'm pregnant with our #3 kid and feeling quite fatigued.

Congratulations from this part of the world for the third baby coming! and, undoubtedly, doing all puzzles (and specially the timed) with two kids around looks very very difficult. And by the way you do not need any excuse, all of us, as human, have the right (guaranteed by the Constitution?) of making many mistakes so we make them and it is wonderful when they are so fun and innocent (having no other consequences).

Posted on: Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:24 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
... I have one very good excuse for being dumb and slow lately. I'm pregnant with our #3 kid and feeling quite fatigued.

Congratulations from down here as well. I have enough trouble finding the focus to do the puzzles with a roommate my age. I can't imagine even getting past the medium 8x8 with two kids, much less while pregnant.

As for the rest of discussion that's gone on over the past day:

Patrick wrote:
I'm also still undecided about whether to award points for the puzzles in the new book (I suppose
that if a points breakdown is in place, this is easier to accept).

I'm perfectly fine with this so long as there are enough timed points to overcome 112 potential book points/week (Or, alternatively, we could make the main rankings page that gets pulled up just the untimed + timed, either way).

jaek wrote:
Taking 96 out of 105 points leaves little room for typos.

You'd be surprised how often I'll guess and test on a 6x6 and have to rework because I guessed wrong. I feel like a lot of the time what you really can't afford to do is stop putting something in.

Posted on: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:05 pm

pnm wrote:
I'm also still undecided about whether to award points for the puzzles in the new book (I suppose
that if a points breakdown is in place, this is easier to accept).

I've made it so that only the difficult puzzles of the new book (32 out of the total 102)
get you 12 points each.

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 pm

pnm wrote:
To give you an idea: currently at the top of the todo list are:

And just added to the todo list: add some kind of "captcha" on the
signup page: recently I've been seeing fairly frequent fake account
signups from China :-(

Posted on: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 am

Usually, I do my calcudoku to relax after the kids are in bed. :)

It's still one book puzzle per day right? 12 points for each book puzzle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 12x7=84 book puzzle points per week.

Posted on: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
It's still one book puzzle per day right? 12 points for each book puzzle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's 12x7=84 book puzzle points per week.

That would be, and I'm not sure where I got 16/book puzzle.
clm wrote:
A lot of work for Patrick, certainly, since probably it would require unify, reconfigure and "nesting" the rankings. (By the way, particularly myself I am more interested in having fun with that new "12x12 only" puzzles book, 101? 16 "bonus" points?).
Might have been here, but either way.

Patrick, I have no programming experience, which makes it to where I have no idea approximately how much time it takes to accomplish some things. Where exactly does adding three separate rankings fall in terms of difficulty and time consumption? I assume it's not on near the same scale as something like the ELO rankings you've wanted to put in would be, but other than that(I'm assuming that the easiest thing to do with that would be to take someone else's code and modify it, but I have no idea A, how picky people would be about having there code modified, or B, if that would even work), I haven't even a benchmark to compare it against.

Posted on: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:31 am

starling wrote:
Patrick, I have no programming experience, which makes it to where I have no idea approximately how much time it takes to accomplish some things. Where exactly does adding three separate rankings fall in terms of difficulty and time consumption?

The totals for each user (and the 30 day average, and nr. consecutive days solving a puzzle)
are kept with their account, and adjusted when a solution is approved.
The "split totals" would have to be added to this. This requires modifying the user table,
and updating code that does these adjustments (regular puzzle submissions, book puzzle submissions, timed bonuses).

Next is the design of the ranking table itself, this would probably be in the form of additional columns in the table.

The final steps are getting the text translated from various sources, and testing..

starling wrote:
I assume it's not on near the same scale as something like the ELO rankings you've wanted to put in would be, but other than that(I'm assuming that the easiest thing to do with that would be to take someone else's code and modify it, but I have no idea

Not really. In this case the code required is not complicated, it is simply a lot of "plumbing".

I'm guessing it's anywhere between 4 and 8 hours of work.

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:55 pm

I have completed the puzzles today and I have 511 points.

Total of the last 7 days = 419 ( according Sneaklyfox )

I missed 2 puzzles 9x9 -2x10 points

419-20 = 399

7 days of book puzzles +7x12=84

399+84 = 483

In this period I completed 3 or 4 bonus puzzles = 30 or 40 points more

483+30=513 or 483+40=423

which don't match with my 511 points.

Posted on: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:35 pm

jomapil wrote:
I have completed the puzzles today and I have 511 points.

Total of the last 7 days = 419 ( according Sneaklyfox )

I missed 2 puzzles 9x9 -2x10 points

419-20 = 399

Correct.

jomapil wrote:
7 days of book puzzles +7x12=84

399+84 = 483

You did not submit a book puzzle yet today. So that's 6x12 = 72.

So 399 + 72 = 471.

jomapil wrote:
In this period I completed 3 or 4 bonus puzzles = 30 or 40 points more

483+30=513 or 483+40=423

which don't match with my 511 points.

You completed 4 bonus puzzles, so your total is 471 + 40 = 511.

This info is in your history, isn't it?

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh, At "my 23H" ( 00H00 there ) the first thing I do is to submit the book puzzle and today I forgot.
Excuse me and thanks very much.

Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next