View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bonus trigger problem 

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 2:41 am

Post Bonus trigger problem
Leaving yesterday I was 4 points shy of the bonus which my timed points gave me going into today. When I went to the bonus I had a new puzzle but it said that I had already solved it. I knew that I hadn't so I solved it anyway. It persisted in saying I had already solved it, though, and awarded no points.

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 3:04 am

Post Re: Bonus trigger problem
I think you have to solve one more puzzle because the bonus points won't trigger the new bonus......this happened to me in the past and Patrick said something about the bonus points and suggested I do the easy 4x4 for 1 more point and then the new bonus was available!

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 am

I assumed that so I did one before I solved the bonus. Furthermore, the bonus puzzle was a new one. It just came with the assertion that I had already solved it. I have since solved a bunch more of today's puzzles. The problem persists.

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 9:47 am

sjs34 wrote:
Leaving yesterday I was 4 points shy of the bonus which my timed points gave me going into today. When I went to the bonus I had a new puzzle but it said that I had already solved it. I knew that I hadn't so I solved it anyway. It persisted in saying I had already solved it, though, and awarded no points.

Yes, this exact same problem was reported to me by another user 8 days ago,
after which I added more logging to the bonus puzzle selection code.

You were assigned a bonus puzzle you did before (in your case, on June 29th, 2011 [blink]),
I'm hoping to now be able to find out why that happened.

Patrick

Posted on: Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 am

beaker wrote:
I think you have to solve one more puzzle because the bonus points won't trigger the new bonus......this happened to me in the past and Patrick said something about the bonus points and suggested I do the easy 4x4 for 1 more point and then the new bonus was available!

That particular problem was fixed a while back (so now if your timed bonus points
trigger a bonus puzzle, you'll get it).

However, the recent "bonus puzzle selection" efficiency improvement introduced a bug in the
bit that does this when adding timed bonus points :-|

Fixed now [thumbup]

sjs34: you should have a new bonus puzzle, one you haven't solved before [smile]

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:27 pm

I may have hit one of these errors. If not, then something similar.

I had a new bonus puzzle target of 60288. It looks like I solved the 7/7/2014 6x6 difficult to get exactly 60288. I _believe_ that instead of clicking on the 'Ok' button on the completion pop up I went directly to the bonus puzzle link. The timed puzzle bonus points posted at close to the exact same time.

So whether because of being assigned a duplicate bonus puzzle, timed points being the trigger, or some other weird timing issue, I should have a new bonus puzzle but instead see the note that I've already solved this particular puzzle.

Thanks,
Jaek

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:42 pm

jaek wrote:
I _believe_ that instead of clicking on the 'Ok' button on the completion pop up I went directly to the bonus puzzle link. The timed puzzle bonus points posted at close to the exact same time.

The "/bonus" link should always lead you to your current (so in your case, new) bonus puzzle.

I'll investigate.. [confused]

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm

jaek wrote:
So whether because of being assigned a duplicate bonus puzzle, timed points being the trigger, or some other weird timing issue, I should have a new bonus puzzle but instead see the note that I've already solved this particular puzzle.

Yes, you got assigned a bonus puzzle you already solved on the 12th of May.

I assigned you a new one now, will try and figure out why this happened :-(

Posted on: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 pm

pnm wrote:
jaek wrote:

Yes, you got assigned a bonus puzzle you already solved on the 12th of May.

I assigned you a new one now, will try and figure out why this happened :-(

Thank you!

Posted on: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:22 am

I qualified for a bonus puzzle but was shortly afterwords locked out of the bonus without having a chance to solve it. Qualified at 54,594 and locked out at about 54,602

Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next