View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 difficult Killer Sudoku every day 

Posted on: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Post Re: difficult Killer Sudoku every day
pnm wrote:
Maybe then to please the people who will say "but then I have to do a difficult Killer Sudoku every day",
I could split the rankings into Calcudoku, Killer Sudoku, and Sudoku rankings?

Patrick

As it is now there is an overall ranking, but you can break it down into regular(?), book, timed and extra points. Would this suggestion just add two more subcategories? Or would the Sudoku and KS points, from the site and from books, be in separate categories with those same subcategories as appropriate? My vote would be for the second option.

Perhaps there could be an option on the account page to set your default when first loading rankings: calcudoku, killer sudoku, sudoku, or comprehensive (for those who will undoubtedly say that they liked the current version better).

Posted on: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

It sounds like old rankings should be retained and new ones created if layouts can accommodate everything. I enjoyed hitting 100,000 on the all-time ranking and it sounds that others will too so it should probably be retained. I don't enjoy killer sudoku or sudoku so an all-calcudoku ranking will have greater appeal to me at this point. Clearly there are others who hold the opposite valuation. I enjoy seeing the all-time extra ranking showing that I have done all of them. Since I am #1 in consecutive days, it would be nice to see that ranking regularly rather than in rare episodic forum updates. As a person who tends towards completism but is poor at timed puzzles, it would be nice to see timed calcudoku rankings and untimed calcudoku rankings both separated and lumped. Etcetera. etcetera, etcetera … .

Posted on: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:05 am

Creating separate rankings does seem problematic, but if that were going to happen my first nominee to be separated and isolated (and sent to Siberia?) would be the timed puzzles.

Posted on: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

Personally, I would prefer splitting out the book puzzles. :P

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2