View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New design 

Posted on: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:00 am

Post New design
I think that the actual design of KSs is slightly better. [thumbup] Although the previous version had more visible dividing lines – especially at white and yellow cages –, it seemed more chaotic ("agressive") impression overall.

I suggest you change white color to light green, yellow to light orange, red to a little darker, and blue the same. Or what about a questionnaire…? [rolleyes]

Posted on: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Post Re: New design
kozibrada wrote:
I think that the actual design of KSs is slightly better. [thumbup] Although the previous version had more visible dividing lines – especially at white and yellow cages –, it seemed more chaotic ("agressive") impression overall.

Yes, the previous design was too "noisy", and on top of that the dashed lines were not aligned
(a pain to do, and hard to get consistent across browsers).

I did get other feedback that now the print of the KS puzzle is not clear anymore, so I switched the dashed
outlines back in for printing (and now I got the request to change the outside lines back to grey for printing..)
kozibrada wrote:
I suggest you change white color to light green, yellow to light orange, red to a little darker, and blue the same. Or what about a questionnaire…? [rolleyes]

I'll try fo find some better colours. Light green may not be great because a highlighted cell is already green.

Patrick

Posted on: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 pm

pnm wrote:
kozibrada wrote:

I'll try fo find some better colours. Light green may not be great because a highlighted cell is already green.

Oh, actually, I forgot this. [blush] But anyway, I hope you’ll choose good colors; four of them should/could suffice…

Posted on: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Still prefer the original version with the dark grey grid lines and the use of dots to outline the cages.......this new version with the dashes for the cages gives the puzzle a "busy look" and I just can't ignore them which upsets my thinking processes.......I guess I will be deleting these from my daily puzzle solving.........this sit has changed so much in the last year with the deletion of some puzzles, addition of others and now this new updated attempt with the KS.....I am thinking this will just cause me to do less and hence spend less time on the puzzles............ I used to be able to attain 50+ points on an average day and 80 on some other days......now I average less than 350/week.........not going to get to 100,000 anytime soon plus will be losing my # 9 status soon to bram [sad]

Posted on: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:04 pm

beaker wrote:
Still prefer the original version with the dark grey grid lines and the use of dots to outline the cages.......this new version with the dashes for the cages gives the puzzle a "busy look" and I just can't ignore them which upsets my thinking processes.......I guess I will be deleting these from my daily puzzle solving.........

When restoring the old Killer Sudoku style for printing only, I accidentally put "dashed" instead of "dotted" [blink]

This should be fixed now,

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:00 am

Thank you......much more pleasing to the eye.....now all I have to do is figure out how to solve the medium and difficult ones :-)

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]