View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bonus Puzzle Problem 

Posted on: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:47 am

Post Bonus Puzzle Problem
Hi,

Yesterday I completed a bonus puzzle. I didn't actually verify that everything looked right after returning to the main page. Today the bonus puzzle link still has the appearance it does when I have one to solve, but when I click the link, the page is displayed without a puzzle. Something seems to be wrong with it. Have I run out of bonus puzzles or did something get stuck yesterday?

Thanks!

Posted on: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:52 am

Post Re: Bonus Puzzle Problem
I sent e-mail to about 10 people who were affected by the "re-insertion" of faulty 5x5 twins from zero
(also see viewtopic.php?f=18&t=645, same problem).

It looks like the removal of the actual problem puzzles from the database is creating another problem [crying]

Will check..

Posted on: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm not sure there's much point in investigating/fixing whatever this is. I experienced the same symptoms as pharosian, but everything returned to normal after I reached my next bonus target (for which I was awarded a nice no-op 6x6 [smile]).

There wasn't any problem with my next-to-last bonus puzzle AFAICR (the solution I entered was accepted, and the background of the bonus puzzle link at the top of the main page duly turned green). The symptoms described by pharosian only appeared after I received the e-mail.

Since neither of us was apparently deprived of any bonus puzzle or points, and the very minor problem of losing access to an already-solved bonus puzzle seems to go away when you reach your next bonus puzzle target, it's hardly worth the effort (and the risk of creating a third problem [scared]) to try and fix it.

Of course, a couple of the puzzlers who received the e-mail may not have solved their (then) current bonus puzzles before losing access to them. If the 10 points thus "lost" are very important to any of those puzzlers, the easiest and safest option may be to award them an extra bonus puzzle manually, as you did when responding to the original problem.

Posted on: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:40 pm

bram wrote:
Of course, a couple of the puzzlers who received the e-mail may not have solved their (then) current bonus puzzles before losing access to them. If the 10 points thus "lost" are very important to any of those puzzlers, the easiest and safest option may be to award them an extra bonus puzzle manually, as you did when responding to the original problem.

I did already do that (set a different, valid bonus puzzle for them).

I do still need to add the incorrect puzzles back to the database, otherwise I foresee problems when recomputing totals etc.

I'll then also need to label them invalid somehow, so they don't get picked when a new bonus puzzle is assigned.

Posted on: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:33 am

Qualified for a bonus puzzle at 120123 points, however I am receiving a previously solved puzzle (7x7 no-op) (probably the same solved on Jan 01).

Posted on: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 am

clm wrote:
Qualified for a bonus puzzle at 120123 points, however I am receiving a previously solved puzzle (7x7 no-op) (probably the same solved on Jan 01).

Still not receiving the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (it continues appearing the same already solved one), I am affraid I will lose this bonus puzzle since today I will finish in 120349 (only 24 points away from the next bonus, qualification at 120373).

Posted on: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:13 am

clm wrote:
Still not receiving the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (it continues appearing the same already solved one), I am affraid I will lose this bonus puzzle since today I will finish in 120349 (only 24 points away from the next bonus, qualification at 120373).

don't worry, I'll check & fix..

(just have been busy with "work-work" [glare] )

Posted on: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Unfortunately I have finally lost the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (I could not wait, or stop, longer, otherwise I would have lost my "consecutive gold stars record" :-), I have been waiting until around 23:00 CET to send all prepared solutions (but the bonus was not appearing). However as soon as I have overpassed the 120373 limit the bonus puzzle qualified for this amount has worked correctly, many thanks, and stablishing the next target at 120623 as it is normal.

Posted on: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 am

clm wrote:
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Unfortunately I have finally lost the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (I could not wait, or stop, longer, otherwise I would have lost my "consecutive gold stars record" :-), I have been waiting until around 23:00 CET to send all prepared solutions (but the bonus was not appearing). However as soon as I have overpassed the 120373 limit the bonus puzzle qualified for this amount has worked correctly, many thanks, and stablishing the next target at 120623 as it is normal.

I would support your receiving an "extra" bonus puzzle.
As an aside what is your consecutive gold stars record?

Posted on: Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:13 am

frederick wrote:

I would support your receiving an "extra" bonus puzzle.
As an aside what is your consecutive gold stars record?

Thank you, frederick. I am in the club from Aug 25, 2010. While travelling in Portugal (Apr, 04-11, 2011) I could not send the puzzles due to lack of Internet, but from Apr 12, 2011 thru Jan 07, 2014, during 1367 consecutive days, I have been obtaining the gold star. My plan is to stablish that figure in 1500 days :-) :-).

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next