View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:08 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New Banner? 
Author Message

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:27 am




Posts: 498
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: New Banner?
But hovering just adds another step to what used to be displayed all the time......why hide it......no one else can see it.....only you!!

Change for change sake does really make sense......change to create something better is something to which I would agree.....but where is the advantage in this new format ?????


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:26 am




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
eclipsegirl wrote:
I need to hover. I know it was written above, but I want to claim that I am on vacation as my excuse. [razz]


Well, it's not obvious. I'm planning to add some more visual hints to show those are menus.

And probably a little treasure chest icon that shows up if you have a new bonus puzzle available.


Profile

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 pm




Posts: 193
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
I like the new design, but it currently has the very minor problem that when you're logged in and click the calendar icon, which makes the calendar appear at the very top of the page, the << and >> buttons to the left and the right of "March, 2015" can't be used because when you try to click them the "Welcome, [username]!" and "[number of] points" menus will pop up instead. There's a workaround, however: If you click "March, 2015" (which is not obscured by either menu), the title changes to "2015" and the calendar displays a list of months so you can choose if you want the current or last month displayed.


Profile

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm




Posts: 93
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 am
Post Re: New Banner?
beaker wrote:
But hovering just adds another step to what used to be displayed all the time......why hide it......no one else can see it.....only you!!

Change for change sake does really make sense......change to create something better is something to which I would agree.....but where is the advantage in this new format ?????

Another vote for showing whether you have a bonus puzzle and how many points you've scored today without having to hover.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
bram wrote:
I like the new design, but it currently has the very minor problem that when you're logged in and click the calendar icon, which makes the calendar appear at the very top of the page, the << and >> buttons to the left and the right of "March, 2015" can't be used because when you try to click them the "Welcome, [username]!" and "[number of] points" menus will pop up instead. There's a workaround, however: If you click "March, 2015" (which is not obscured by either menu), the title changes to "2015" and the calendar displays a list of months so you can choose if you want the current or last month displayed.

Ah, glitches like that are inevitable I suppose..

Another workaround is to scroll down a bit before you bring up the calendar.

I'll see if I can force it down somehow.

Edit: this should have been fixed now.

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:32 pm




Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
Both workarounds work but one still has to apply one of them. Haven't yet formed an opinion as to how much or little I like the new design.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
sjs34 wrote:
Both workarounds work but one still has to apply one of them.

What do you mean by "one still has to apply one of them" ?


Profile

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 pm




Posts: 165
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
Either clicking March as bram suggested or scrolling down as you suggested.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm




Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
sjs34 wrote:
Either clicking March as bram suggested or scrolling down as you suggested.

Misunderstanding here I think: it's been fixed (so no scrolling down or clicking the month required)


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:13 pm




Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:15 pm
Post Re: New Banner?
pnm wrote:
sjs34 wrote:
Either clicking March as bram suggested or scrolling down as you suggested.

Misunderstanding here I think: it's been fixed (so no scrolling down or clicking the month required)


I'm on a PC using Chrome and it still appears too high.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.