View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Congratulations to clm 

Posted on: Wed May 20, 2015 7:59 am

Congratulations to clm
A milestone achieved. I am unsure of the exact day but I am sure that is is close to today.

1500 consecutive stars received! 1500 consecutive days of solving every puzzle!

Perhaps others have this same record, but I do know it was a goal for clm.

Congratulations and kudos.

Posted on: Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 am

Post Re: Congratulations to clm
frederick wrote:
A milestone achieved. I am unsure of the exact day but I am sure that is is close to today.

Thank you very much, my good friend, frederick, for your kindness and for paying attention to this sequence.

You are right, today I have obtained my 1500 consecutive days solving puzzles and my 1500 consecutive gold star (pending an official statistic, not easy as commented by Patrick Min, since the star does not include extra or timed puzzles, etc.). I am in the Calcudoku club since Aug 25, 2010. During a short vacation (Apr 06 - Apr 11, 2011) I had problems to access Internet but from Apr 12, 2011 up to today I have been obtaining the gold star, I always do the 12x12's the same day they appear, ... . Anyway there is not a big merit on it, simply I am very happy doing the puzzles every day (and I have been lucky finding the required time within the 24 hours), including the extra puzzle (also the 15x15's the same day), the extra sudoku, ... so today my account shows 41,341 solutions sent.

My next goal: I am fighting to get a difference of 100,000 points in a country (my own :-)) (some of my competitors are good friends :-) :-) and are a little [cursing]).

Posted on: Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 am

Amazing, congratulations :-)

Maybe I should introduce "puzzler titles" (for example, "newbie", "1+1=2", "failed math teacher", "guru", "computer on legs", etc. etc. [wink] )

Posted on: Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 pm

frederick wrote:

Congrats clm.......is there a place on this site that this info is available......Ken

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 1:05 am

1500 consecutive gold stars! [woot] That is insane! [scared] In a good sense, of course [biggrin] Congrats, clm! [thumbup]
pnm wrote:
Maybe I should introduce "puzzler titles" (for example, "newbie", "1+1=2", "failed math teacher", "guru", "computer on legs", etc. etc. [wink] )
In recognition of clm's great contributions to "Solving strategies and tips" and helpful explanations in "Specific puzzles / your own puzzles", I suggest EPIC: Exalted Professor and Instructor of Calcudoku [thumbsup]

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 2:15 am

"EPIC" sounds about right [thumbsup]

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 am

bram wrote:
I suggest EPIC: Exalted Professor and Instructor of Calcudoku [thumbsup]

Extreme Puzzler, Insanity Certified

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 1:46 pm

I must thank you all for your consideration and gentleness, but EP (Extremely Patient) is OK. I estimate that there are actually 30/40 puzzlers much better (and faster) than me including you all (and there si a powerful "nouvelle vague" of players), I observe this everyday, when the puzzles appear, the incredible ability solving the modulo, parity, subtraction only, variated, etc., as well as in timed puzzles.

I have been patient to try to develop some ideas always with the humble hope of making easier the solutions, improving a little bit the site, and attracting new players (or engaging the beginners). But in this task we all have participated with many and very valuable and interesting discussions (pnm, bram, mparisi, jaek, jotempe, kozibrada, nicow, sheldolina, ... , it's a long list, and what to say about players who are not participating recently like sneaklyfox, starling, picklepep, giulio, jomapil, ... ). And many many have provided a lot of useful ideas with respect to new features, etc..

Some of these ideas have been introduced (hybrid puzzles, no-ops, ... ) and many other are still pending, like the introduction of new logic functions, three-dimensional calcudokus, "moving" timed puzzles (i.e., a set of four different 5x5's "rotating", each staying in the screen for a few seconds, until you complete all four), etc..

After 1501 consecutive days I am still of the opinion that the club is just starting, there si no asymptote for it.

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Congratulations, clm. An amazing feat.

It's quite funny, I had my *first* star yesterday. I was wondering what that star was for... [biggrin]

Posted on: Thu May 21, 2015 7:44 pm

An awesome accomplishment. I can identify with the perseverance but the perfection is beyond me. And all from a remarkably courteous person.

While in praise mode, I would additionally note that mparisi is perpetually worthy of recognition and that nika99 is about to definitively claim #3 in the all-time ranking.

Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next