View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Older users 

Posted on: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:45 pm

Post Older users
I know that most of the "big number users" are probably younger than I, but am curious as to how many users are considered by society as "old age" ?

I mean 65 years or older.( I will be 71 this October )

Posted on: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:52 am

Post Re: Older users
I hope I'll manage to get to 100,000 many years before my 65th birthday [smile]

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:53 am

I would bet that most players are at least 35 plus. I am right in between 35 and 65. I would be a little curious as to how much time some of the big number players spend each day doing puzzles. I spend about 3 hours a day more or less.

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:59 am

panther wrote:
I would be a little curious as to how much time some of the big number players spend each day doing puzzles. I spend about 3 hours a day more or less.
I spent a little less than 3 hours solving today's puzzles (including my subscriber's quota of timed puzzles). This was because I was quite tired and found the 12x12 a bit more difficult than usual. On an average day I can usually manage to solve every puzzle in less than two hours.

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:27 am

bram wrote:
panther wrote:
I would be a little curious as to how much time some of the big number players spend each day doing puzzles. I spend about 3 hours a day more or less.
I spent a little less than 3 hours solving today's puzzles (including my subscriber's quota of timed puzzles). This was because I was quite tired and found the 12x12 a bit more difficult than usual. On an average day I can usually manage to solve every puzzle in less than two hours.

I'm 45.
I try to solve all a day's puzzles in two hours. More often than not I go a bit over that. The 15x15 extra puzzles on Saturdays can be a real time sink - there are almost 200 squares to fill in! :-)

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:09 am

jaek wrote:
bram wrote:
panther wrote:

I'm 45.
I try to solve all a day's puzzles in two hours. More often than not I go a bit over that. The 15x15 extra puzzles on Saturdays can be a real time sink - there are almost 200 squares to fill in! :-)

Might want to check the math there bud ;D

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:35 am

jaco wrote:
jaek wrote:
The 15x15 extra puzzles on Saturdays can be a real time sink - there are almost 200 squares to fill in! :-)

Might want to check the math there bud ;D

He could save himself by replying "I never fill in the single-cell cages" [tongue]

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 pm

I spend 2-3 hours on the average day........do not do 15x15 (frustrating as I always make a mistake and 90 minutes lost)
Do try the [cursing] 9x9 pattern and lose another 40 minutes and then there are the 12x12's for 2 hours each and I seldom get a correct completion........book puzzles time not include.......lately have spent more time on book puzzles as I try to do them in bunches (about 3 hours is my limit on each bunch) 2x a week.........old brain with little math background just "can't cut it" [smile]

Am interested in age and of course now that "puzzle time" has been added to this topic......that too would be interesting provided age was included [thumbsup]

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:45 pm

beaker wrote:
I spend 2-3 hours on the average day........do not do 15x15 (frustrating as I always make a mistake and 90 minutes lost)
Do try the [cursing] 9x9 pattern and lose another 40 minutes and then there are the 12x12's for 2 hours each and I seldom get a correct completion........book puzzles time not include.......lately have spent more time on book puzzles as I try to do them in bunches (about 3 hours is my limit on each bunch) 2x a week.........old brain with little math background just "can't cut it" [smile]

Am interested in age and of course now that "puzzle time" has been added to this topic......that too would be interesting provided age was included [thumbsup]

who cares if you spend an hour and get the puzzle wrong? You aren't going to win every single time until you push your limits and fail.

Posted on: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:02 pm

true but having been doing these since 2010 (and on1609 consecutive days) and I have failed A LOT...... I do try but not to the point where I start guessing because one wrong guess and time is gone........a year has gone by and now am more comfortable with the 9x9s and getting better with most of the 10x10s! [smile]

Last edited by beaker on Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next