View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 what's this? 

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:48 am

Post Re: what's this?
Attempting to circumvent the lack of a way to type a negative sign by clicking on the square doesn't seem to work either, since the puzzle seems to think the numbers 1-5 are what it needs.

Edited to fix a typo.

Last edited by starling on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:59 am

I also cannot figure out how to enter the negative numbers. Help?

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:09 am

Not only do I not know how to enter negative signs, but I also have no clue how to solve this puzzling puzzle! :!: :?: :!:

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:13 am

I lust tried the "-" on the number keypad to the right of the keyboard where you'll find 1-9 plus the + and - signs..... I think they will work....now how to do the puzzle :?:
You enter the number 1st and then click on the - sign at the upper right side of the keyboard :)
Just figured out that if you have a -1 and you subtract +2 then in effect you are adding -1 plus (subtract 2 = -2) and -2 to get -3.......I now actually have a headache as I just finished the solution :idea:

Last edited by beaker on Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:30 am

beaker wrote:
I lust tried the "-" on the number keypad to the right of the keyboard where you'll find 1-9 plus the + and - signs..... I think they will work....now how to do the puzzle :?:
You enter the number 1st and then click on the - sign at the upper right side of the keyboard :)

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that it only works on the num pad minus, which I, who only have a laptop at this point, lack.

I had to steal my roommate's desktop for about 15 seconds to input the minuses, which was, admittedly, probably a good thing because it was the first break he's had from League of Legends today, but his worked only on the num pad minus, not with the normal one. Is there any way this could be fixed for us laptop users?

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:48 am

Yeah, I've got a Mac laptop, no num keypad, and I can't get the negative values to work. :cry:

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

pharosian wrote:
Yeah, I've got a Mac laptop, no num keypad, and I can't get the negative values to work. :cry:

I have a portable PC without extended keybord (no num pad) so it is impossible to enter negative numbers, byebye to those 3 points on that very nice puzzle.

But, there is no way of providing (next week or when possible) for this special puzzle an optional window in order to introduce the solution as text in a similar way as for the book solutions?.

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 am

clm wrote:

But, there is no way of providing (next week or when possible) for this special puzzle an optional window in order to introduce the solution as text in a similar way as for the book solutions?.

Just fixing the menu that pops up when you click on a cell would be sufficient, I think.

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:36 am

rosierosie wrote:
i dont know how to use negative numbers on my computer. have tried everything, can u help. i am sure other people also have trouble

Yes, sorry, I forgot to update the "mouse grid", please
see this post

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:32 pm

beaker wrote:
Sneaklyfox: am not sure how on the left side of 2nd row, how -2 -1 = -1
or how you do the right hand corner -2 horizontal solution or the vertical -1 solution?

The cages you mentioned are "1-" or "2-" which means the answer is positive 1 or 2 with a subtraction operation, not -1 and -2.

Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next