View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:12 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 All the book puzzles worth points 

Posted on: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
Thank you Patrick,
This a very addictive site and I am in the the quest for points. [love]

It will take me several more years before I crack the 100 K realm and by then, several people will be in the 200K realm

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07 am

Hi eclipsegirl!

Thanks for the list of book puzzle points! I just got the colossal killer sudoku book and I believe there are 90 puzzles worth 9 points each for a total of 810.

wjm

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:14 am

Beauty. Thanks for your list:)

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:02 pm

@ wjm,
You are correct.
I didn't check my book.

The last 10 puzzles (the extra large ones) do not have a puzzle code.
Thank you for making that correction

---now to edit the list.

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:16 pm

It is still impossible to send 2 book puzzles the same day (Colossal Killer and January Series, for instance).

BTW, a suggestion for the new year, a "Save for later" feature would be very useful when submitting book solutions. I understand that it's not the same thing to work on the solution of a determined puzzle "on-line" than submitting a solution once you have completed it in the book, but sometimes, with larger puzzlers of course (15x15, 17x17), where you have to enter up to 289 numbers (and up to 625 digits), it occurs that meanwhile you must pay attention to other business (apart of possible outages or PC problems).

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:21 pm

clm wrote:
It is still impossible to send 2 book puzzles the same day (Colossal Killer and January Series, for instance).

Yes, I figured that because starting February the "Series" books will no longer have puzzles for points,
this would still be fine.

clm wrote:
BTW, a suggestion for the new year, a "Save for later" feature would be very useful when submitting book solutions. I understand that it's not the same thing to work on the solution of a determined puzzle "on-line" than submitting a solution once you have completed it in the book, but sometimes, with larger puzzlers of course (15x15, 17x17), where you have to enter up to 289 numbers (and up to 625 digits), it occurs that meanwhile you must pay attention to other business (apart of possible outages or PC problems).

I think that would complicate things too much. An easier method is to enter your
solution in an editor (e.g. "textedit" on a Mac, "notepad" on Windoze, "emacs" on Linux)
and regularly save it in a text file.

When finished and electrons are still running you can copy & paste it into the web form [drool]

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:50 pm

pnm wrote:
I think that would complicate things too much. An easier method is to enter your
solution in an editor (e.g. "textedit" on a Mac, "notepad" on Windoze, "emacs" on Linux)
and regularly save it in a text file.

When finished and electrons are still running you can copy & paste it into the web form [drool]

Yes, thank you, I will follow this idea, in fact I did that many times but when sending long posts to the forum, for similar reasons, instead of using the "Save draft" option (I have had in the forum unpleasant experiences when loosing everything written [thumbdn] ... ).

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:06 pm

It might still be worth considering upping to 2 per day given that at 1 per day there are over 2 years of book puzzles out and about.

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:17 pm

sjs34 wrote:
It might still be worth considering upping to 2 per day given that at 1 per day there are over 2 years of book puzzles out and about.

True, good point.

Let's first get the February issue ready (only planned change so far: a bit more challenging twins [rolleyes] )

Posted on: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:00 pm

kozibrada's MultiOp was actually fairly easy, in my opinion. I was able to motor through it in less than 20 minutes [blink] Sorry, kozibrada - I don't want to insult your 2 hours of work. It was quite a fun puzzle, actually [thumbsup]

Also, was the special occasion in kus_theo's 12x12 his 18th birthday? If so, then congratulations!

Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next