View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 user names 

Posted on: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:55 am

Post user names
Salve a tutti!
Ero curiosa di sapere se nessun altro ha notato nella lista ranking un certo numero di usernames molto simili tra loro? Non riesco a capire che divertimento ci sia a sottoporre le soluzioni per gli stessi puzzles sotto differenti nomi solo per occupare piu' posti in classifica.
Ciao [smile]

Posted on: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Post Re: user names
nicla14 wrote:
Ero curiosa di sapere se nessun altro ha notato nella lista ranking un certo numero di usernames molto simili tra loro?

Which usernames do you mean?

Che usernames?

grazie,

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Hello Patrick,
I only noticed some (6) very similar usernames at the bottom of the rankings. They start with C , different combinations of two names and the numbers 9 2 4 and 5 7 . We all like puzzles... some people puzzle me! [wink]
Thank you for reply to my post.

Posted on: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:20 pm

nicla14 wrote:
Hello Patrick,
I only noticed some (6) very similar usernames at the bottom of the rankings. They start with C , different combinations of two names and the numbers 9 2 4 and 5 7 .

Yes, I saw those too.

I recently deleted about 20 of them, but they keep coming in, almost all of them with fake email addresses
(so I also get loads of bounce messages [sad] )

I tried emailing this user (using a seemingly valid email address), but no reply..

Only remaining option would be a custom message when such a name is seen at signup :-|

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:48 am

Thanks Patrick, and sorry for your trouble.
I guess somebody likes to see their name written on the rankings more than once! [rolleyes]

Posted on: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:55 am

nicla14 wrote:
I guess somebody likes to see their name written on the rankings more than once! [rolleyes]

Yes, not sure what the reason is.

Maybe they're having trouble logging in. But then, why sign up in the first place..

Posted on: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:27 pm

As a non speaker of Italian, thank you for the shift to English. I hope there are not too many Italian speaking non speakers of English who read the forum.

Very interesting observation by nicla14 regarding the names. They appear to metastasize as fast as Patrick can resect them. By my count just now there appear to be eleven.

Posted on: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:17 pm

sjs34 wrote:
By my count just now there appear to be eleven.

There were many more, recently I deleted about 25 of them.

Posted on: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:21 am

"As a non speaker of Italian, thank you for the shift to English. I hope there are not too many Italian speaking non speakers of English who read the forum."

Dear sjs34

Italian is a beautiful language but is used less often. I'm sure lots of Italians understand English since is the language most used in the European Union.
I like the idea of an Italian Forum... I don't have many opportunities to speak my native tongue and I'm sorry I did not continue my post in Italian.
Chiedo scusa per non aver continuato in Italiano, vivo negli USA ed e' stata... forza di abitudine!
Ciao a tutti [smile]

Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]