View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:37 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Extra puzzles 
Author Message

Posted on: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:12 pm




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Extra puzzles
So far I solved all the bonus puzzles and some of the two books.
But what happens when I don't solve one bonus puzzle? When it is attained a new puzzle, the anterior disappeares?
And when I don't solve one puzzle of the books, can I obtain the solution?

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:17 pm




Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
jomapil wrote:
So far I solved all the bonus puzzles and some of the two books.
But what happens when I don't solve one bonus puzzle? When it is attained a new puzzle, the anterior disappeares?

Yes, it disappears into the mists of time, and you will never see it again :)
jomapil wrote:
And when I don't solve one puzzle of the books, can I obtain the solution?

Definitely. You can ask me to send you any solution, or even all if you like (it
also says so in the book)

Patrick


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 am




Posts: 422
Location: Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am
Post Re: Extra puzzles
pnm wrote:
You can ask me to send you any solution, or even all if you like (it
also says so in the book)

Patrick


Ooh... you send solutions even for the puzzles that give points on this site?


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 pm




Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
sneaklyfox wrote:
Ooh... you send solutions even for the puzzles that give points on this site?

Yes. I more or less had to do that because it is of course a book
in its own right, so there had to be solutions.

So yes, I can't really prevent people from asking for all the solutions,
and then typing in one each day (if there's any fun in that :-| )

Patrick


Profile

Posted on: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:17 pm




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
Of course there isn't any fun!
But if someone asks one solution you can block his points. You can mark his nickname as " you have already solved this puzzle ".
I have solved one puzzle in a day from the book "advanced" so far all right. And I have in store the book "large". And , of course, there will be many of the puzzles I want the solution if I don't manage to solve them.

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:39 pm




Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
jomapil wrote:
But if someone asks one solution you can block his points. You can mark his nickname as " you have already solved this puzzle ".

That's tricky though, because I don't know who bought the book (!).
So anyone can send me e-mail and ask for the solutions, and then submit
them under a different name.
Patrick


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 pm




Posts: 422
Location: Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am
Post Re: Extra puzzles
Where you say in the book that the purchaser could email you to ask for solutions, is there a password or passcode? Then maybe at least it will deter someone who didn't buy the book to ask for solutions by email. Like, for example, I didn't buy the book, so I could email you using a different email account than my normal one and ask for solutions, but if a passcode were needed, you could at least ensure that I had bought the book in the first place.


Profile

Posted on: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am




Posts: 246
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
sneaklyfox is right. If each book has a password...
Maybe in future books.
To reduce some opportunism and cunnings, Patrick can only give the solution to the puzzles of 4stars and 5stars ratings? The great part of the scientific books only have some solutions at the end.

_________________
Visit http://www.calcudoku.org the most interesting and addictive site of puzzles.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:30 pm




Posts: 422
Location: Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:43 am
Post Re: Extra puzzles
... Although I suppose each puzzle already has a code of its own. Anyone could ask for the solution to a specific puzzle only and they would have to know the code. But unless you made it any more complex than the other book, I could venture guesses like "B5S1" or "B5T10"...


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm




Posts: 2210
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Extra puzzles
sneaklyfox wrote:
... Although I suppose each puzzle already has a code of its own. Anyone could ask for the solution to a specific puzzle only and they would have to know the code. But unless you made it any more complex than the other book, I could venture guesses like "B5S1" or "B5T10"...

That's a good idea. I think that now even the "solutions book" has the codes, but I could remove those.
And make the puzzle codes "unguessable".

Patrick


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.