View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Problems with the website today? 

Posted on: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Post Problems with the website today?
I've been having ongoing problems with internet access today. I've twice saved today's difficult killer and each time I've gone back, it's appearing with nothing saved. I was also kicked out twice doing the timed 6x6, having previously quit twice because I got stuck. Urgghh!

Posted on: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Post Re: Problems with the website today?
paulv66 wrote:
I've been having ongoing problems with internet access today. I've twice saved today's difficult killer and each time I've gone back, it's appearing with nothing saved. I was also kicked out twice doing the timed 6x6, having previously quit twice because I got stuck. Urgghh!

Sorry to hear that :-(

I'm not seeing anything unusual (for example, I get a warning every time the server
can't connect to the database).

Can you access other sites ok?

Patrick

Posted on: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Not having problems with other websites, but had a busy day, so maybe I'm just rushing things a bit?

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:31 am

It's happened again just now. I saved today's 9x9 and when I went back, I got a blank puzzle. Very frustrating. Yesterday's difficult killer sudoku was the first puzzle worth points that I had failed to complete since I became a subscriber a month ago.

I'm not having problems with other websites, but calcudouku keeps freezing on me and sometimes puzzles are saved, sometimes not.

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:02 pm

Curiouser and curiouser! I went back in just now and the saved puzzle came up. Maybe I'm being logged out and then logged back in again? I'll check to see if I'm still logged in if it happens again.

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 pm

I'll dig into this a bit more.

If you get the confirmation "Puzzle last saved ... etc. " then it should have been saved.

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Thanks Patrick. I did get the confirmation, but then the site froze and I got a screen showing the puzzle in a very different layout with a lot of other stuff (it think it was some of the coding) and then I got a blank puzzle. If it happens again, I'll take a screenshot and send it on to you.

Paul

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:51 pm

I had no idea you could save puzzles! Where is this amazing beautiful life-saving feature?

Posted on: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:52 pm

Never mind... found it :-)

I used to take a screenshot of the puzzle if I wanted to continue it later, but then I'd have to enter the numbers in again [thumbdn]

Posted on: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:40 pm

I'm still having intermittent problems with the website. I tried switching the browser I'm using on my iPad from Safari to Google Chrome, but I'm still getting very slow response time quite often, with the page freezing and taking over a minute to load or having to go out of the website and back in again. Just now, it's frozen twice when loading timed puzzles, using up two of my attempts.

It's only in the last few days that this has become a recurring problem and I'm wondering if there have been any recent changes to the website or if anyone else has been suffering similar problems. I'm not having any problems with other websites, so it seems to be specific to this site.

I'm also wondering if I might have inadvertently changed some setting and that this might be causing the problem. Is there a default setting I could try that might resolve things?

Paul

Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next