View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Killer Sudoku in "colour mode" 

Posted on: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:41 am

Post Killer Sudoku in "colour mode"
Hello, just want to let you know that

- when the killer sudoku is toggled into the colour mode and the puzzle is completed (and user is logged in), it does not give an acknowledgement that the puzzle was successfully solved and no points were added. The whole puzzle does turn all green though.

- and also, I could not find a way to toggle the killer sudoku from colour mode back to a non-colour one. I'm not sure if I just miss some button/control to switch it back

I use an iPhone iOS 10.1.1

P.s. My workaround is to save the completed puzzle and login through another device where I'm not in colour mode. This will enable me to get a puzzle is successfully solved & points added message.

Cheers,

Posted on: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:04 am

Post Re: Killer Sudoku in "colour mode"
I found that with my Android phone the number pad is the old 'floating' one instead of the left or right hand side version. This is also since I switched to color mode, though I can't swear it is directly related.

Posted on: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks for reporting, will test this..

Posted on: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:44 pm

shanady wrote:
- when the killer sudoku is toggled into the colour mode and the puzzle is completed (and user is logged in), it does not give an acknowledgement that the puzzle was successfully solved and no points were added. The whole puzzle does turn all green though.

I'm not yet able to reproduce this, but I did test on a desktop PC and an iPad only so far,
will now test on an iPhone.

Edit: just now tested on an iPhone running iOS 9.3.4, and all works ok.

Will now try to update it to 10.1.1

shanady wrote:
- and also, I could not find a way to toggle the killer sudoku from colour mode back to a non-colour one. I'm not sure if I just miss some button/control to switch it back

There should be a new button at the bottom right of the number pad now for this:

jaek wrote:
I found that with my Android phone the number pad is the old 'floating' one instead of the left or right hand side version.

So even with the new number pad selected in your account settings, it is still showing the old one?

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:06 pm

pnm wrote:
jaek wrote:
I found that with my Android phone the number pad is the old 'floating' one instead of the left or right hand side version.

So even with the new number pad selected in your account settings, it is still showing the old one?

Patrick

Yes. I've just now confirmed that the new number pad has been selected all along.

I've toggled the coordinates display default. coordinates show up on calcudoku and sudoku puzzles but not killer sudoku. I can toggle coordinates using the on-puzzle-page settings, but page always loads without them.

I don't see a button to toggle between color and white on my phone, but if I set to white on a laptop and then load a killer sudoku on my phone it still displays in color.

So I am finding that on my Android phone killer sudokus load in color, without coordinates, and with the old style number pad. I can modify the coordinates display but not the other two.

I think that pretty well covers it, but would a screen shot help?

Posted on: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Yes, a screenshot would help, thanks.

I'll also test here with an Android simulator (don't have an Android phone handy)

Posted on: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I sent it via email to calcudoku at gmail dot com since that seemed quickest. Let me know if you don't get it, the image is stripped off, etc.

Posted on: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:44 pm

shanady wrote:
Hello, just want to let you know that

I use an iPhone iOS 10.1.1

P.s. My workaround is to save the completed puzzle and login through another device where I'm not in colour mode. This will enable me to get a puzzle is successfully solved & points added message.

Cheers,

I am also facing the same problems on my android phone.
The problems are
-- once I clicked on the color switch on the Killer Sudoku number pad, the floating number pad appeared and there is no way out of it. I rather prefer the new number pad on the side/below the Killer.
-- The pencil toggle switch on the floating number pad goes light green when pressed, but the color does not stay when invoked later on.
-- On finishing, the frame turns green but does not register at the site. One is forced to save and reopen it on a computer to post it at the site.

Hope these issues can be resolved.

Posted on: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes, it's high time I find a "representative" Android phone somewhere to test with,
I'm getting more and more feedback that stuff isn't working on Android [sad]

Posted on: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Today I loaded a killer sudoku on my Android phone and the new number pad was there. I could toggle between color and white background. I solved the puzle and the solution was submitted.

Thanks for addressing all of those in one pass.

Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next