View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 what do people think of the Friday difficult Killer Sudoku? 

Posted on: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 am

Post Re: what do people think of the Friday difficult Killer Sudo
marblevolcano wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
...my obsessive hunt for keeping a perfect score.

Ohh.. so that's why you're always up at the top on the weekly points list now! :-)

There's a number of people who keep a 100% record going for the online puzzles. Because I've bought (or got presents of) some books recently, it's allowed me to score extra points that have kept me at or near the top of the leaderboard. I missed out on a few puzzles last weekend and that's pushed me down a bit, but I've been on track this week until today's difficult killer sudoku. I'm not sure why I'm struggling so much with these (compared to the other puzzles), but I'm starting to dread Fridays. [angry] [mad] [scared] [thumbdn]

Posted on: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 am

You know, i wouldn't know about this Difficult KS stuff without this... I tried it once months ago and failed dismally [razz]

Posted on: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:09 am

marblevolcano wrote:
You know, i wouldn't know about this Difficult KS stuff without this... I tried it once months ago and failed dismally [razz]

I guess that's one of the reasons we have a forum.

I much prefer the regular calcudoku to the killer sudoku and I only do the killer (and ordinary) sudoku in order to maximise my points total. I have generally managed to solve them, but the difficulty level has been ratcheted up in recent weeks for Friday's difficult KS and I just barely managed to solve the January ones and so far have failed with both the February ones.

Posted on: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Yes, I'll tone down the Friday KS a bit, and make it so you also have 2 days to solve it.

Patrick

Posted on: Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:06 pm

pnm wrote:
Yes, I'll tone down the Friday KS a bit, and make it so you also have 2 days to solve it.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick. I'm actually surprised at the number of people who have managed to solve the last two weeks' puzzles.

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:07 pm

Alright, it's in there: you now have 2 (two) days to solve Friday's difficult Killer Sudoku [smile]

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:38 pm

@ Paul,
I can not always logic the Friday Difficult KS out.

I often get to a point where ii have one, two or three different options. I save the puzzle and try every option. It is not elegant, but it works.

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:22 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
@ Paul,
I can not always logic the Friday Difficult KS out.

I often get to a point where ii have one, two or three different options. I save the puzzle and try every option. It is not elegant, but it works.

Thanks Eclipsegirl

I must confess, I have generally needed to run scenario testing for the Friday difficult KS puzzles. For some reason or other, I have failed to make anything more that rudimentary inroads in the last two Friday puzzles. If I find myself with free time on my hands, I might have another go at both of them. However, I'm currently struggling to complete all the daily puzzles AND also solve two book puzzles each day. I've currently got three partly completed books and I think I've solved most of the easier ones and have mainly 5 and 6 star puzzles left.

Posted on: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:42 am

I love the challenge of the harder puzzles, personally.

Also, for anyone who's interested, I posted a full analytical solution for the 2/10/17 difficult KS over here: http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=868

Posted on: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:05 am

pnm wrote:
Alright, it's in there: you now have 2 (two) days to solve Friday's difficult Killer Sudoku [smile]

I don't know if this is an oversight or a change of heart, but we only have 1 day to solve today's difficult KS.

Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next