View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stupid Move 

Posted on: Thu May 25, 2017 6:47 am

Post Re: Stupid Move
Some of us are OCD and have to finish every puzzle, every day.
Others of us have obssive issues with points, and mneed as as many as we can get.

Both of those fit me.
I can't answer for others.

Last edited by eclipsegirl on Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 am

beaker wrote:
Yes, I have a couple of those with phone calls and unexpected guests.....I never shut it down because "calcudoku addict" would never give up 1 point.....ludicrous [biggrin] isn't it!!!!

What I do while solving a timed puzzle:

• phone call: don't pick up
  • unexpected guest: don't open the door

[tongue]

Posted on: Thu May 25, 2017 9:50 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
Some pf us are OCD and have to finish every puzzle, every day.
Others of us have obssive issues with points, and mneed as as many as we can get.

Both of those fit me.

I'm similar to eclipsegirl. I get quite annoyed with myself if I don't finish all the puzzles within the allotted time limit.

I also tend to ignore interruptions if I'm doing a timed puzzle, but last night the dog came into the room whining to be let out and I couldn't really ignore her. I was then out for a couple of hours and didn't log on straight away when I hit home, so I missed the opportunity that Patrick so kindly provided to have another go at the 8x8.

Posted on: Thu May 25, 2017 5:52 pm

pnm wrote:
beaker wrote:
Yes, I have a couple of those with phone calls and unexpected guests.....I never shut it down because "calcudoku addict" would never give up 1 point.....ludicrous [biggrin] isn't it!!!!

[tongue]

What I need is a sound proof room with a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door because my wife seems to have "radar" and always comes into the room to talk about something or turns on the TV (aaagggghhhhh [cursing] )

Posted on: Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 am

pnm wrote:
beaker wrote:

[tongue]

I used to tell my girlfriend to be as quiet as possible when I did the timed puzzles in the morning at home. Even told her not to put anything crunchy on her sandwiches, so that the sound wouldn't annoy me (such as bell pepper slices, iceberg lettuce etc etc) [huh] But quite soon I began to realize that that was pretty much insane [biggrin]

I could've just used headphones or something, but that wasn't a part of my morning ritual then...

So the calcudoku puzzle obsession has almost made me completely crazy [thumbsup]

Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2