View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Friday June 9, killer sudoku difficult 

Posted on: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:42 pm

Post Friday June 9, killer sudoku difficult
Most of us are aware that the difficult KS on Friday's can be tough.

For that last few weeks (or maybe months) I have not been able to fully ' logic it out.'

today, I did. I did the puzzle is under 45 mins - possibly a record for me.

Did others have an easier time than normal or was my brain actually working really well?

Posted on: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:36 pm

Post Re: Friday June 9, killer sudoku difficult
Yes, perhaps a bit easier than the past few. Although I don't pay attention to the time on the untimed puzzles, I would guess that I solved this one in a little bit less than an hour. But, I think what makes these puzzles seem easier or harder depends on how long it takes to find the right spot to focus on - if you find it early the puzzle will seem easy, and if you can't find that spot it could be a long day! Today I probably found the right area to focus on in the first ten minutes - this puzzle is still open til Sunday so I won't say anymore. Except, I think you should give yourself the benefit of the doubt and acknowledge that your brain was working very well today!

wjm

Posted on: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Normally I just can't do most of these Friday puzzles but was able to do this one......hope to see more of the ones I am capable of solving [thumbup]

Posted on: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 am

Either the Friday difficult KSs are getting easier or I've become better at doing them. It's been a few weeks now since i failed to complete one and most times, I've got it done on the Friday. Today was no exception. I can't remember exactly how long it took me, but i'd say it was under an hour in total.

I wonder what the overall statistics show? For the last few weeks, the number solving Friday's difficult KS has been as follows:

May 12th 200
May 19th 169
May 26th 213
June 2nd 116 [confused] [scared]
June 9th 186 (open until Sunday)

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]