View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Remove necessity to fill in operators on no-op puzzles? 

Posted on: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 am

Post Remove necessity to fill in operators on no-op puzzles?
See the title for a little suggestion.
The option to fill in operators should definitely stay, filling them in just wouldn't be required to get the points. I usually don't even fill in operators until after I've filled in all the numbers, how about others?
Also a nice little extra: this would make the no-op puzzles have a 'unique solution' since the operators don't have to be unique (something that actually caught me off guard the first few times I did no-op puzzles).

Posted on: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:48 am

Post Re: Remove necessity to fill in operators on no-op puzzles?
jpoos wrote:
The option to fill in operators should definitely stay, filling them in just wouldn't be required to get the points. I usually don't even fill in operators until after I've filled in all the numbers, how about others?
Also a nice little extra: this would make the no-op puzzles have a 'unique solution' since the operators don't have to be unique (something that actually caught me off guard the first few times I did no-op puzzles).

I agree. When you are submitting no-op book puzzles, there is no requirement to fill in the operators.

Posted on: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 am

Would this be the same for the twins.....but then I don't mind filling in the operators [smile]

Posted on: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:48 am

jpoos wrote:

It is possible, it would require some work to implement though:
when the puzzle is full, I'd have to check for all cages that don't have an operator,
if an operator exists that produces the target result.

I'll add it to the list [smile]

Posted on: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:13 pm

jpoos: I agree with your suggestion. Particularly in twin/large no-ops, it can be tedious to fill in (all/most) operators after you filled in all the numbers.
pnm: That would be highly appreciated, especially seeing how many of the extra and bonus puzzles are no-ops these days [smile]

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]