View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New forum for general number stuff 

Posted on: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:42 am

Post Re: New forum for general number stuff
Been doing these puzzles for 8 years now and I still do not know all the ins and outs of this site.....thanks for the info!!!

Posted on: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:54 am

"Considering the friendship with you, frederick and sneaklyfox (unfortunately not an active player these days) and remembering old times when I used the Canada's flag for a week, I will try to cross the 200,000 frontier with the Canada's flag again as a tribute to your perseverance"

This would be our honor.

PS Although I do solve all puzzles when I am puzzling, when I am on vacation I never bother to complete puzzles: that would be Beaker with his protracted streak in solving every day.

And I agree that it is unfortunate sneaklyfox is not an active player. Although not particularly nationalist I do like to see the Canadian flag up there:)

Posted on: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:34 pm

marblevolcano wrote:
You just need to change it in your settings.

That's right, this smart feature has been provided to the site by Patrick, in such a way that you can keep you "nationality" when you are travelling, or you can modify it if you like so (as I did, for instance, in Italy during an 8 days visit when I changed to the italian flag). At the time I changed to the canadian flag I was not visiting Canada. A few weeks ago I was in Sicily for 8 days but I kept the spanish flag, ... . So you can do Calcudokus under any flag if you want to do so, for any particular reason ... , this feature gives us some feeling of "freedom", like having a "worldwide citizenship".

Like frederick, I am not particularly nationalist, the flag is not the more important, the person is.

PD: I am looking forward visiting Canada one day, "in depth", I only crossed one time the "freedom bridge" from USA (from Buffalo).

Posted on: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 am

Well......clm is over the 200,000 point milestone.......congratulations...... [thumbsup]

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2