View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators) 

Posted on: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Post A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators)
A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators).

I have developped this "hybrid" 7x7 puzzle and I have solved it, in the usual way, arriving to the conclusion that it has only one solution. The puzzle contains all known operators (+, -, x, :, exponentiation, mod and bitwise OR) and is made with the positive numbers fm 1 to 7 (Patrick, I include this in the "Calcudoku General" section, like the other similar "experiments", since the section "Send your puzzle" was removed some time ago). It is not difficult, really it should be a "medium", though "difficult" considering that you classify those special functions in that category in the weekly puzzles. If the solver can manage those operators simultaneously in the same puzzle (I suppose that yes), I would send you the code so we could confirm the unicity of the solution and obtain the "solver rating".

Posted on: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Post Re: A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators)
clm wrote:
include this in the "Calcudoku General" section, like the other similar "experiments", since the section "Send your puzzle" was removed some time ago)

Maybe I should recreate that section just for you :-)

clm wrote:
If the solver can manage those operators simultaneously in the same puzzle (I suppose that yes), I would send you the code so we could confirm the unicity of the solution and obtain the "solver rating"

Yes, simply use % for mod, ^ for exponentiation, and | for bitwise OR.

Patrick

Posted on: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm sure you still want the solver to confirm the unicity, but I solved it as well and I also conclude that it has one unique solution.

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:54 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
include this in the "Calcudoku General" section, like the other similar "experiments", since the section "Send your puzzle" was removed some time ago)

Maybe I should recreate that section just for you :-)

clm wrote:
If the solver can manage those operators simultaneously in the same puzzle (I suppose that yes), I would send you the code so we could confirm the unicity of the solution and obtain the "solver rating"

Patrick

Thank you, it's a little late here, but tomorrow I'll send the code. Perhaps it's a good idea to recreate the section and name it "Discussions and ideas on new puzzle types" or similar, a "grab bag". With time it would be filled.

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:11 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
I'm sure you still want the solver to confirm the unicity, but I solved it as well and I also conclude that it has one unique solution.

Thanks, sneaklyfox, it is curious and amused the combined logic with the different operators.
By the way, I saw your video on the 9x9, this time the camera is very well centered. The process is very didactic. The 9x9 is always an advanced video and it is very interesting to start showing methods to solve them, before going perhaps to the most difficult on tuesdays.

(Sorry, Patrick, for including this comment to sneaklyfox in this topic).

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:18 am

clm wrote:

Well, don't worry about that, only when really a new topic is started in a thread then I'll move it..
Patrick

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:27 am

clm wrote:
sneaklyfox wrote:

Thanks, sneaklyfox, it is curious and amused the combined logic with the different operators.
By the way, I saw your video on the 9x9, this time the camera is very well centered. The process is very didactic. The 9x9 is always an advanced video and it is very interesting to start showing methods to solve them, before going perhaps to the most difficult on tuesdays.

Perhaps if there is interest, I could try to make a video based on a Tuesday's 9x9. It would be interesting as some other logical deductive reasoning is sometimes used and they were not present in the 8x8 and 9x9 videos that I already made.

(Sorry for replying to comment in this topic!)

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Perhaps if there is interest, I could try to make a video based on a Tuesday's 9x9. It would be interesting as some other logical deductive reasoning is sometimes used and they were not present in the 8x8 and 9x9 videos that I already made.

Yes, it's maybe better to write this in the thread about the videos (not sure which one that was),
or start a new thread...

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:22 pm

pnm wrote:
sneaklyfox wrote:

Yes, it's maybe better to write this in the thread about the videos (not sure which one that was),
or start a new thread...

Patrick

The thread is "Your Personal Method" in the section "Solving strategies and tips" (perhaps you may move these last posts if sneaklyfox agrees).
Best.

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:48 pm

pnm wrote:

clm wrote:

Patrick

Hi, Patrick, here is the code for the 7x7 hybrid puzzle:

12,x,a1a2b1
8,+,b2c2
2,-,c1d1d2
1,%,e1e2
125,^,f1g1
6,|,f2g2
1,^,a3b3c3
5,|,d3e3
1,%,f3f4
0,%,g3g4