View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators) 

Posted on: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Post Re: A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators)
Yes, one solution, computed in 0.29 seconds,
difficulty factor 56...

(not posting the solutions because I'm thinking
maybe people want to try it?)

Posted on: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:41 am

pnm wrote:
sneaklyfox wrote:
Perhaps if there is interest, I could try to make a video based on a Tuesday's 9x9. It would be interesting as some other logical deductive reasoning is sometimes used and they were not present in the 8x8 and 9x9 videos that I already made.

(Sorry for replying to comment in this topic!)

Yes, it's maybe better to write this in the thread about the videos (not sure which one that was),
or start a new thread...

Patrick

I think it's better (and easier for Patrick) to leave posts in the original thread for the most part unless it becomes a real tangent with a long discussion.

Are we going to include the every-operator puzzle type sometime in the future? I'm still interested in the no-specified-operator type puzzle. I'd like to try those.

Posted on: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:13 am

pnm wrote:
difficulty factor 56...

Yes, I think we may leave it a few days 'cause someone may try it (spending some additional time), only a factor of 56!. If some day in the future you introduce a similar one, 7x7 may Ok to start, this type of puzzle would be interesting to practice simultaneously with the different operators, and also didactic if, i.e, sneaklyfox, wanted to make a video on that... a good opportunity for teaching on all those operators in a single puzzle.

A little in relation to this subject, I think the idea of the new section "Specific puzzles / your own puzzles" is a very good idea as the new section stablishes order, separating the strategies, tips or solutions from the proposals or inventions. In my opinion it would be very interesting too if you could open in the main page some additional "extra curious puzzle" (without points of course, though you could qualify those as the standard ones as easy, medium or difficult; here you could propose the puzzles sent by the players and, in the other hand, those future or "under test" like the recent -2 to 2, etc) in such a way that, when a puzzle has been sent by a player, i.e., and once you have proved that it has a unique solution, the puzzle may be optionally solved on-line by everybody, so making now possible to prepare those videos, etc.

Posted on: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:04 pm

clm wrote:
Yes, I think we may leave it a few days 'cause someone may try it (spending some additional time), only a factor of 56!. If some day in the future you introduce a similar one, 7x7 may Ok to start, this type of puzzle would be interesting to practice simultaneously with the different operators, and also didactic if, i.e, sneaklyfox, wanted to make a video on that... a good opportunity for teaching on all those operators in a single puzzle.

I would think that if someone wanted to specifically practice the different operators like exponentiation, bitwise OR, and modulo to get used to what they are, it would be better to practice on a 5x5 small grid or something like that. I also think there is ample discussion in the forums already about the different operators (a lot done by clm) and that a video would not help explain operators. Something like that is much better done in writing. What I mean is, if you don't understand the basics behind an operator and what it means, a video would be even harder to follow than an explanation in writing, but it would only help to make a video to go through the logic steps of solving a puzzle... mod, for example.

Posted on: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:15 pm

sneaklyfox wrote:
clm wrote:
... If some day in the future you introduce a similar one, 7x7 may Ok to start, this type of puzzle would be interesting to practice simultaneously with the different operators, and also didactic if, i.e, sneaklyfox, wanted to make a video on that... a good opportunity for teaching on all those operators in a single puzzle.

I would think that if someone wanted to specifically practice the different operators like exponentiation, bitwise OR, and modulo to get used to what they are, it would be better to practice on a 5x5 small grid...

... a video would not help explain operators. Something like that is much better done in writing. What I mean is, if you don't understand the basics behind an operator and what it means, a video would be even harder to follow than an explanation in writing, but it would only help to make a video to go through the logic steps of solving a puzzle... mod, for example.

I basically agree with your appreciation, but perhaps some people prefer to watch a video and see how someone proceeds, the advanced players, their mental process, the manoeuvrability with the different operators and situations, etc., than following what for them is a "tedious" written "step by step" procedure (necessarily long in the case of the 8x8's or 9x9's, shorter in a 7x7)... but anyway...sure the 5x5 is better to start.
Another thing I wanted to underline is to introduce the possibilitie of having some of those "special puzzles" (specially prepared for those purposes, i.e., apart of the "hobby component", more convenient for training purposes, etc.) in the main page (which could stay there longer than a week) in order to have the usual features as the cursor moving, bolding, etc., to facilitate the preparation of videos...

Posted on: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 pm

pnm wrote:
difficulty factor 56...

Hi, Patrick, I think that after 10 days it is already the moment of providing the solution, here is:

Posted on: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 pm

clm wrote:
A hybrid 7x7 puzzle (all operators).
I have developped this "hybrid" 7x7 puzzle and I have solved it,

Alright, those of you who read the forum know already today: starting Monday,
there'll be a 7x7 "many op" puzzle (and a 7x7 from zero instead of the 8x8 from zero).

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 pm

pnm wrote:

... Alright, those of you who read the forum know already today: starting Monday,
there'll be a 7x7 "many op" puzzle (and a 7x7 from zero instead of the 8x8 from zero).

Patrick

Good idea, Patrick, an interesting novelty.

Posted on: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 am

Good point, Patrick, I also applaud the idea!

Posted on: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Just a very good idea, I want it, at least once a week!
Davvero una bella idea, vorrei uno di questi almeno una volta alla settimana.
Ciao.
Bertoldo

Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next