View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:30 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Difficult Killer Sudoku 

Posted on: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:57 am

Post Difficult Killer Sudoku
Here is another Killer Sudoku, I have tried to make it very difficult. My previous puzzle turned out to be not as difficult as I had thought, so I tried again. I would be interested to know what people think.

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 am

Post Re: Difficult Killer Sudoku
Yeah, damn tough puzzle, congratulations. [thumbup]
First I thought it is (almost) unsolvable like the hardest sudokus, or it has more solutions, but then I spotted the right places. Maybe I proceeded quite slowly because of editations in the Painting editor, however I would rate this one about 6.2–6.3.

If anybody curious, I can share my steps.

And now I am going to search a machete instead of a dagger. :-)

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:00 am

kozibrada wrote:
Yeah, damn tough puzzle, congratulations. [thumbup]
First I thought it is (almost) unsolvable like the hardest sudokus, or it has more solutions, but then I spotted the right places. Maybe I proceeded quite slowly because of editations in the Painting editor, however I would rate this one about 6.2–6.3.

If anybody curious, I can share my steps.

And now I am going to search a machete instead of a dagger. :-)

Thanks kozibrada.
Without giving too much away for anybody still interested in solving the puzzle, I would be interested to know which cell you solved first.

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:20 am

michaele wrote:
Thanks kozibrada.
Without giving too much away for anybody still interested in solving the puzzle, I would be interested to know which cell you solved first.

F1

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:33 am

There is a step in solving the puzzle that helps a lot, it turns out that it helps much more than I had meant it to. It is a little tricky to spot but I would guess you found it if you solved f1 first.

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:19 am

michaele wrote:
There is a step in solving the puzzle that helps a lot, it turns out that it helps much more than I had meant it to. It is a little tricky to spot but I would guess you found it if you solved f1 first.

Maybe you mean D6 (?), which was filled in immediately. But the third number much later (and the same [rolleyes] ).

Posted on: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 am

Quote:
Maybe you mean D6 (?), which was filled in immediately. But the third number much later (and the same [rolleyes] ).

d6 and f1 are solved at the same time the way I did it, both cells are connected. Unfortunately that leads to a solution quicker than I first realized when I created the puzzle.

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]