View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 7x7 mod today 

Posted on: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:11 am

Post 7x7 mod today
I had some time to "kill" and persevered for 2hrs+42 minutes and finally got this puzzle.....now I know there will be some responders saying this was an easy one but as you can see...not for me!!

Posted on: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:55 am

Post Re: 7x7 mod today
beaker wrote:
I had some time to "kill" and persevered for 2hrs+42 minutes and finally got this puzzle.....now I know there will be some responders saying this was an easy one but as you can see...not for me!!

I agree that it’s particularly tricky. I’ve got stuck a few times and I’m going to leave it for now and I’ll go back to it when I’ve solved the rest of today’s puzzles.

Posted on: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:22 pm

I managed to solve it eventually. Difficult to know exactly how long in total it took me, as I had to quit out of it a couple of times when I got stuck. But it took me around 30 minutes in total from when I returned to it after solving the remainder of today’s puzzles. Definitely one of the trickier ones.

Posted on: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Mildest of spoilers below:

I found this one a little tricky i that there were a few plateaus along the way. First filling things in there were a couple of cages near the middle of the grid with 7s that were the only true givens that I noticed. 4 sure numbers out of 49 is a little discouraging.

I think I next made headway with 1s, 3s and 7s in the first two rows and that gave me some things to work on before I stalled out again.

Next I noticed something about 2s, 3s, 4s and 6s in the first two rows.

And even after that had to figure a few other things out before it finally fell into place.

If at any point along the way one of those revelations goes unnoticed it could become a real slog.

Posted on: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:03 am

@ Jaek, GMTA

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]