View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:27 am



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 8x8 timed 
Author Message
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:04 pm




Posts: 2739
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
ineedaname wrote:
I had a problem with y'days 8x8 also. I hit go & nothing happened. I thought I mustn't have clicked on go so did again & then it came up that i'd already done my 8x8 for the day. It lost me a point for the day but the way i've been going lately on the 8x8 it probably gave me 10 minutes or so back to my day lol.


[tongue]

Still, this makes me realize I should add some things here:
- disable the "Go" button after it's been pressed
- add a little "spinner" to show something is going on

So thanks [thumbup]

edit: ok, now the "Go" button is disabled after you press it [smile]


Profile

Posted on: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 pm




Posts: 792
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
pnm wrote:


Still, this makes me realize I should add some things here:
- disable the "Go" button after it's been pressed
- add a little "spinner" to show something is going on

So thanks [thumbup]

edit: ok, now the "Go" button is disabled after you press it [smile]


With IE11, the timed puzzles do not work at all [confused] , it's not possible to select the category 4x4, 5x5, … , and the Go button does not take action


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:15 pm




Posts: 2739
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
clm wrote:
With IE11, the timed puzzles do not work at all [confused] , it's not possible to select the category 4x4, 5x5, … , and the Go button does not take action


You're living dangerously [scared]

https://www.google.com/search?q=interne ... +microsoft

But yes, maybe I should show the IE warning for all versions now.


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 am




Posts: 57
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:21 am
Post Re: 8x8 timed
pnm wrote:

edit: ok, now the "Go" button is disabled after you press it [smile]



Much appreciated, That sounds like a great addition.


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:50 am




Posts: 792
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
With IE11, the timed puzzles do not work at all [confused] , it's not possible to select the category 4x4, 5x5, … , and the Go button does not take action


You're living dangerously [scared]

https://www.google.com/search?q=interne ... +microsoft

But yes, maybe I should show the IE warning for all versions now.


Yes, the Exploder is a danger :-) :-), but the curious thing is that it was working well before the modification. I must be a nostalgic since I still use the IE(11), I normally use, in the PC, the Chrome (3 copies with around 250 pages visited and opened simultaneously), of course, but at the same time, I always have a copy of the IE(11) with 9/10 pages opened, being Calcudoku one of them; yesterday, after the problem, I did the timed puzzles with Chrome. The reason for using IE is that, apparently, at least for me, it works better in very specific cases, like access to some concrete Banks, … , the use of Certificates, … , or perhaps I am more familiar with it [smile] .
With respect to Microsoft Edge I do not use it at all.

In the tablet and mobiles I use Chrome. Thank you very much anyway, I saw yesterday that the IE is still working well to solve the standard Calcudokus [smile]


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:48 am




Posts: 2739
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
clm wrote:
Yes, the Exploder is a danger :-) :-), but the curious thing is that it was working well before the modification. I must be a nostalgic since I still use the IE(11), I normally use, in the PC,


It's because I changed the page from using a "standard form" to just separate input elements,
where an extra function is called when the "Go" button is clicked.

I'll have to look at fixing this probably, I saw that more than 100 people still used IE11 for solving puzzles
at some time or another in 2020 ... [glare]

edit: I changed something on the page that may have fixed it for IE11, can someone with IE11 please check?


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:05 pm




Posts: 792
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: 8x8 timed
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Yes, the Exploder is a danger :-) :-), but the curious thing is that it was working well before the modification. I must be a nostalgic since I still use the IE(11), I normally use, in the PC,


It's because I changed the page from using a "standard form" to just separate input elements,
where an extra function is called when the "Go" button is clicked.

I'll have to look at fixing this probably, I saw that more than 100 people still used IE11 for solving puzzles
at some time or another in 2020 ... [glare]

edit: I changed something on the page that may have fixed it for IE11, can someone with IE11 please check?


Now it works perfectly, tested 4x4 and 5x5 timed, thank you [thumbup]


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.