View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tiebreaks for same time 

Posted on: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:21 am

Post Tiebreaks for same time
I notice that I am ranked 6th with a time of 7.500 while the person ahead of me is ranked 5th with a time of 7.500.

What are the tiebreaks when two people post exactly the same time? Are we looking at tenth thousandths of a second, or is it first come first 'scored'? Or is it somehow based on delay - i.e. whoever's internet connection needs more time to do something, gets scored higher / lower?

Posted on: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 am

Post Re: Tiebreaks for same time
I remember having seen this before. Both players were ranked the same and were awarded the same number of points at the end of the day, even though they had not been ranked equally during the day,

Posted on: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:46 am

rafaelhoukes wrote:
I remember having seen this before. Both players were ranked the same and were awarded the same number of points at the end of the day, even though they had not been ranked equally during the day,

I just checked the code for this, and:
- the ordering of people with equal times is not determined, i.e. it depends on how the database returns the records
- I think this will fail if at the end of the day you end up in position 11 (in which case you will get 2 bonus points,
and briga will get 3)

So this needs to go on the todo list [blink]

Posted on: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:57 pm

pnm wrote:
rafaelhoukes wrote:

I just checked the code for this, and:
- the ordering of people with equal times is not determined, i.e. it depends on how the database returns the records
- I think this will fail if at the end of the day you end up in position 11 (in which case you will get 2 bonus points,
and briga will get 3)

So this needs to go on the todo list [blink]

I am keeping you busy ...

Hope it is nothing too major. I really don't expect just one person getting a better time in in the remaining 8 hours. But who knows.

Posted on: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:26 pm

Interesting how we're now exactly in the "borderline" situation..: [scared]

(briga is 10th)

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]