View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Depressed 

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:09 pm

Post Depressed
Hi all,

I just needed to say that I'm feeling a bit depressed at the moment as I'm not able to use my left hanf for solving puzzles.. I was in a car accident last night (collided with a moose) and it left my left hand with a fracture and severed tendons.

Thankfully I can still solve puzzles, and I don't have to completely abandon this "addiction".

You won't be seeing my name in the top ten list for a while, but I'll try to come back stronger and faster.

(BTW, 5x5 in 28sec with arrow keys and numpad, not bad even if I say it myself :-) )

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:29 pm

Post Re: Depressed
Sorry to hear that (for you and the moose I guess..),
get well soon [mellow]

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:25 pm

OMG........that must have been quite the experience.......about 20 years ago, ran into a deer with brakes applied on a dew morning road.......slid right under most of body as I was driving a Honda so impact speed was low and it ended up on hood.......then got off hood and walked into forest......front end metal of Honda replaced.....one very anxious time.....they say never swerve to avoid an animal which I didn't as rock face was only alternative........am sorry to hear that you did not fare as well......hoping for a speedy recovery........just don't try moving it about.......have had a few breaks in the past and non movement was best medicine plus calcium rich foods.

Last edited by beaker on Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:12 pm

Sorry for the accident, that's a big animal.
The fractures take a little time, so being patient is now the only solution.
I am sure that with only one hand in this moment you are ten times faster than me :-) :-).
I hope you recover very soon.

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:53 pm

Thanks for messages guys, they mean the world to me. Even though I haven't been that vocal in the forum ever, I kinda knew who would be the first ones to reply.

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:14 pm

angryclown wrote:
Hi all,

I just needed to say that I'm feeling a bit depressed at the moment as I'm not able to use my left hanf for solving puzzles.. I was in a car accident last night (collided with a moose) and it left my left hand with a fracture and severed tendons.

Thankfully I can still solve puzzles, and I don't have to completely abandon this "addiction".

You won't be seeing my name in the top ten list for a while, but I'll try to come back stronger and faster.

(BTW, 5x5 in 28sec with arrow keys and numpad, not bad even if I say it myself :-) )

That’s how I always do the timed puzzles. I’m not injured, but I’m very dominant right-handed and have never been able to train myself to use two hands and a keyboard when solving puzzles. Having said that, you’re still WAY faster than me.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Posted on: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:44 pm

paulv66 wrote:
That’s how I always do the timed puzzles. I’m not injured, but I’m very dominant right-handed and have never been able to train myself to use two hands and a keyboard when solving puzzles. Having said that, you’re still WAY faster than me.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm also very right hand dominant in most things, but you can blame Patrick for making my left hand good at something :-) And thanks for the kind words!

Posted on: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:28 am

Hey angryclown, I'm really sorry to hear about your car accident and the injuries to your left hand. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for you and I wish you a speedy and smooth recovery both physically and emotionally. Take things a day at a time and take it easy!

skeeter84

Posted on: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:54 am

skeeter84 wrote:
Hey angryclown, I'm really sorry to hear about your car accident and the injuries to your left hand. I can only imagine how scary that must have been for you and I wish you a speedy and smooth recovery both physically and emotionally. Take things a day at a time and take it easy!

skeeter84

Thanks Skeeter, I appreciate the kind words a lot!

Posted on: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:58 am

I somehow managed to forget that I hadn’t attempted any of yesterday’s timed puzzles. Not sure how that happened, but I’m kicking myself right now. [crying]

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next