View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Long page loading times 

Posted on: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:38 am

Post Long page loading times
Not sure where to post this, but it seems that the server on which the site is hosted has some issues. It takes VERY long for a puzzle to load today. Sometimes a puzzle loads, but not completely, so you can see the puzzle, but not actually fill it in. This is probably due to an incomplete load of the page.

I checked the rest of the internet (both local as other parts of the world), and pages load speedily, so it seems doubtful that it is just my connection. It took about 2 minutes for a timed 4x4 puzzle to load, and obviously, that is not ideal if you want to set a good time.

Also, with regards to "counting puzzles for the day", can the counter not start counting once an actual timer is running? I have missed out on the bonus points for timed puzzles before, due to similar time-outs, and I suspect other users have as well, especially with the 8x8 (for subscribers, since there is only one they can do per day).

Posted on: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 am

Post Re: Long page loading times
ddarthez wrote:
Not sure where to post this, but it seems that the server on which the site is hosted has some issues. It takes VERY long for a puzzle to load today. Sometimes a puzzle loads, but not completely, so you can see the puzzle, but not actually fill it in. This is probably due to an incomplete load of the page.

Thanks for reporting, I'll check the logs around the time when you were logged in.

I did change something related to datbase indices recently that was supposed to _speed up_ the site,
but maybe something went wrong there, will check.

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]