View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Finland rankings 

Posted on: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Post Finland rankings
This is just a curiosity. I am actually appearing in the rankings with a Finland's flag (I moved my settings to this country) that does not exactly corresponds to the real flag (the one from angryclown). With this flag it's very curious that my "Finland" appears in the World's rankings but not in the European's rankings.

Another comment: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania appear in the Eastern Europe's rankings but not in Europe itself, when, certainly from a "political" point of view, these countries are in the European Union and in fact are part of the euro area, apart of being "baltics" in the same way as Finland or Poland. In the other hand it looks for me correct that Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, ... , appear in the Eastern Europe.

And considering the geographical point of view, Romania and Bulgaria, for instance, appear in the Europe's rankings having a similar longitude coordinates than Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Posted on: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

Post Re: Finland rankings
Thanks for the feedback, I'll look at tweaking this... [namaste]

Posted on: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:07 am

As for the flag icons, the national Flag of Finland is shown with angryclown's entry in the rankings while the flag of Åland is shown with clm's. The latter is an archilpelago in the southern Gulf of Bothnia which forms a (Swedish-speaking) autonomous region of Finland.

Posted on: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:29 am

bram wrote:
As for the flag icons, the national Flag of Finland is shown with angryclown's entry in the rankings while the flag of Åland is shown with clm's. The latter is an archilpelago in the southern Gulf of Bothnia which forms a (Swedish-speaking) autonomous region of Finland.

Thank you very much, bram, for your smart clarification of the situation [thumbsup] . I have just seen in the "settings" that when choosing the country, Finland appears twice in the list but whithout any additional specification for the second so, being in Helsinki, I took Åland (the database of countries then is very complete). However it's in Europe anyway [smile] [smile].

I was really surprised because I was appearing "alone" in the Finland's rankings and with a flag that I could not recognize (official buildings in Helsinki, ... ). At the same time, when going to my ranking, the selection in top totally dissapears so not having the option to select now, i.e., the Europe's rankings or other country ... unless returning to it "thru" books, regular, etc., in which moment the top appears again, ... , that's why I finally decided to open a "bug and error".

Posted on: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks bram, that made it easy to find the issue [thumbup]

Finland was indeed listed twice in the countries list (so much for copying and pasting a countries list from the web [thumbdn] )

clm should be in Finland now :)

Posted on: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:53 am

clm wrote:
Another comment: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania appear in the Eastern Europe's rankings but not in Europe itself, when, certainly from a "political" point of view, these countries are in the European Union and in fact are part of the euro area, apart of being "baltics" in the same way as Finland or Poland.

Alright, they have been moved to Europe now [smile]

I think this should be mentioned at the UN General Assembly [lol]

Posted on: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Another comment: Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania appear in the Eastern Europe's rankings but not in Europe itself, when, certainly from a "political" point of view, these countries are in the European Union and in fact are part of the euro area, apart of being "baltics" in the same way as Finland or Poland.

Alright, they have been moved to Europe now [smile]

I think this should be mentioned at the UN General Assembly [lol]

Thank you, Patrick, I think everybody in the UN will be happy with this [smile] [smile]

Posted on: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:25 am

First time Finland comes up in the forum (first time I've seen it at least [smile] ) and I miss it.. What a shame when I finally could've answered something :-)

Anyway, welcome to Finland clm!

Posted on: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:41 am

Just wondering why clm still has a Spanish flag shown for his forum posts?

Posted on: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 pm

paulv66 wrote:
Just wondering why clm still has a Spanish flag shown for his forum posts?

The forum database is separate. When someone reaches 10 points, a forum account is created,
and the "active" flag at that time is copied.

So yes, maybe I should add some code that also updates the "forum flag" when someone changes
it on their account page..

Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next