View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rankings 

Posted on: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Post Rankings
Small issue with the rankings: if you opt to see say "regular" rankings, ("book" or "timed") also work, you get listed as "unranked" for the last thirty days, even if you have actually submitted solutions. This is probably the result of such rankings only going by "last 7 days" and "all time", and thus that the rankings for the last thirty days are not generated to begin with. I'd suggest removing the "30 days" thing in those subrankings.

Incidentally, I was wondering, if we can have something like annual rankings? (There might be ways to generate those, without taking too much effort, unlike custom rankings).

At the moment it is very hard to gauge how well I am doing compared to others on the rankings as it is. I have been a member for just about 600 days, while others have been members for much longer. Also since scoring systems change (eg. the timed puzzles), the only rough estimate I can generate is average number of points / day, which is a highly flawed metric. It also requires me to go through the ranking tables, and identify my "targets",and use those "targets" as some sort of benchmark.

Posted on: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 pm

Post Re: Rankings
Thanks for the suggestions [thumbup]

I'll take a look..

Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]