View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Unable to access previous bonus puzzle 

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:58 am

Post Unable to access previous bonus puzzle
After working on an especially difficult bonus puzzle but not yet solving it, i went back and worked on the daily puzzles until i had earned another bonus puzzle. I clicked on the bonus icon and the new bonus puzzle came up and i solved it. But i couldn't figure out how to get back to the previous one that i hadn't solved yet. I had assumed that more than one bonus puzzle would be accessible, but it looks like that's not the case. If there's a way to access the older bonus puzzle, please advise. It was a "mystery" puzzle where you have to fill in the operations as well as the numbers, and i really wanted to finish it.

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:53 am

Post Re: Unable to access previous bonus puzzle
Once you have started on a new "cycle" towards your next bonus puzzle, you lose the chance of going back to solve the previous bonus puzzle.......have done that on a few occasions when I wasn't watching my diminishing number towards my bonus puzzle and missed the bonus puzzle [mad]

Site Admin

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 am

chuckbaldwin wrote:
After working on an especially difficult bonus puzzle but not yet solving it, i went back and worked on the daily puzzles until i had earned another bonus puzzle. I clicked on the bonus icon and the new bonus puzzle came up and i solved it. But i couldn't figure out how to get back to the previous one that i hadn't solved yet. I had assumed that more than one bonus puzzle would be accessible, but it looks like that's not the case. If there's a way to access the older bonus puzzle, please advise. It was a "mystery" puzzle where you have to fill in the operations as well as the numbers, and i really wanted to finish it.

No, sorry, there is always only one bonus puzzle "active" at a given time.
(being able to access older bonus puzzle is a feature that would be nice to have of course).

I'll see if I can find which was your previous bonus puzzle, and "swap it back in".

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:17 am

When I first joined the website, I didn't know how to access the bonus puzzles and missed out on quite a few. Eventually, I got around to asking on the forum and was told where to find them. I think Patrick then included a note to show where the puzzles are located.

Now I always try to do the bonus puzzle immediately it becomes available in order to ensure I don't forget to do it before the next one comes up.

Paul

Question for Patrick: Is there a specific sequence to the bonus puzzles (i.e. everyone gets the same first puzzle) or are they allocated randomly?

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 pm

paulv66 wrote:
Question for Patrick: Is there a specific sequence to the bonus puzzles (i.e. everyone gets the same first puzzle) or are they allocated randomly?

They're allocated randomly from a pool of 1350 puzzles.
(750 of those are twins)

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:03 pm

chuckbaldwin wrote:
It was a "mystery" puzzle where you have to fill in the operations as well as the numbers, and i really wanted to finish it.

Ok, as a one-off I swapped in the previous bonus puzzle..

(that's a bit of a hassle at the moment, digging the previous puzzle up from the log files..)

But yes, a feature "your bonus puzzle history", with the option to go to unsolved ones, would be nice..

[mellow]

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Thank you very much, Patrick. I didn't mean for you to have to go through the trouble of digging up the old bonus puzzle, but I do appreciate it. [thumbsup]

Posted on: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Last bonus puzzle was with zeroes and I swear there were more cells with zeroes than all the other cells combined.....a real "head buster" that one......I think it took about 30-40 minutes to figure it out......sure hope I start getting some of those twins Patrick mentioned.

Posted on: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:55 pm

There are some very devious bonus puzzles.

There is one pattern that I have run into two or three times which I know will make me sit down and work at it.

On the other hand, I would be more than happy oif Patrick could somehow give us the ability to pick up our "missed" bonus puzzles. Bonus puzzles come quickly when first starting out and I knew I missed a few.

Like Beaker, I try to do them right when I earn them. I find that the easiest method of keeping up to date on bonus puzzles.

Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]