View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Keep getting logged out 

Posted on: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:18 am

Post Keep getting logged out
I keep getting logged out form the site, even as I am doing puzzles. Just now I submitted an 8x8 solution, and was told that I was not logged in. So I logged in, saved the solved puzzle, and "redid" the 8x8. I can understand it if I had logged in from my phone or something like that, but I have not touched my phone either.

I have not removed cookies from my laptop, and that is certainly not something that I would do mid-session. So maybe something is off at the server?

Posted on: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am

Post Re: Keep getting logged out
Now I just did a timed puzzle. A 4x4, which took me about 10 seconds. Possibly even less. Upon completion, I got the message that I was not logged in. It still counted as a puzzle for the day for me.

This is really getting frustrating, and this is the only site at which I constantly have to log in (I am logged in at other sites for weeks, so it is not just an aggressive cookie removal or something of the sort).

Posted on: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:55 am

So far I'm puzzled by this.

I checked the logs, not seeing anything unusual (other than maybe no requests from your PC
for about 20 minutes until you wrote the forum post (?), and that the connection seems slow (?)

I'll add some more logging for your account for this.

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:50 pm

In the case of the timed puzzle, the site asked me to log in a minute before then (I had solved today's killersudoku I think, and it had logged me out). So I logged in, resubmitted the solution, and then tried the 4x4. Solved the puzzle within ten seconds or so, and got the message I was not logged in. So I can't have been idle for that long. In the past I have had issues with the popup taking too long to appear, but it did not feel like it was particularly slow this morning.

Likewise this morning I took 11 minutes on the easy 6x6, due to being called away as I had started on the puzzle. I did not get logged out. So it certainly does not seem like there is a set interval of idle time,that causes this issue.

Other sites that I am logged in do not suffer from similar issues, but maybe their solutions to storing relevant data are different, and somehow not affected by this issue.

So really not sure what is going on on the site to be honest. I suppose my ISP could be playing tricks (obviously due to corona, internet is being used more by people working from home). Page load times are usually below 2 seconds for me, while page processing times are about 0.1 seconds. Not unusually fast or slow for me I think.

Again, sorry for giving you so much grief Patrick. I hope you can track this down.

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]