View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Inverse counting for bonus puzzle? 

Posted on: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:10 am

Post Inverse counting for bonus puzzle?
I should have received a new bonus puzzle when arriving at 270,766 points. After doing a puzzle I arrived at 270,769, crossing the 270,766 line, and then, instead of obtaining the bonus puzzle, I got the message "You are at - 3 points from … ", and when arriving to 270,775, i.e., the message "You are at - 9 points from … " ??? [scared] . Of course, the bonus puzzle shown in the corresponding link is the previous one already solved a few days ago.

Posted on: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:30 am

Post Re: Inverse counting for bonus puzzle?
I should be on top of this more [blush]

You're always the first to exhaust the pool of bonus puzzles, time to add new ones [omg]

edit: this should be fixed now as soon as you solve another puzzle.

Posted on: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:45 pm

pnm wrote:
I should be on top of this more [blush]

You're always the first to exhaust the pool of bonus puzzles, time to add new ones [omg]

edit: this should be fixed now as soon as you solve another puzzle.

Thanks a lot, received.

Posted on: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:27 am

I should have received a new bonus puzzle when arriving at 295,766 points. After doing a few puzzles I arrived at 295,783, crossing the 295,766 line, and then, instead of obtaining the bonus puzzle, I got the message "You are at - 17 points from … ". Of course, the bonus puzzle shown in the corresponding link is the previous one already solved a few days ago. I suppose I have exhausted again the pool of bonus puzzles [scared].

Posted on: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 am

clm wrote:
I should have received a new bonus puzzle when arriving at 295,766 points. After doing a few puzzles I arrived at 295,783, crossing the 295,766 line, and then, instead of obtaining the bonus puzzle, I got the message "You are at - 17 points from … ". Of course, the bonus puzzle shown in the corresponding link is the previous one already solved a few days ago. I suppose I have exhausted again the pool of bonus puzzles [scared].

Yes, I guess you missed my email to you about this [bored]

The main point being that I should of course make it so I get a warning when someone is 10 puzzles away
from exhausting the pool, not when it is actually empty.. [blink]

Posted on: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:06 pm

I’m slightly curious as to why the point at which another bonus puzzle arrives for clm is 295,766. In my case, it’s each time I reach a multiple of 250 points (and was based on multiples of 600 points before I became a subscriber). I would have thought it would be based on round numbers for everyone?

Posted on: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:42 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Yes, I guess you missed my email to you about this [bored]

The main point being that I should of course make it so I get a warning when someone is 10 puzzles away
from exhausting the pool, not when it is actually empty.. [blink]

Thank you, Patrick, you are right, I made the puzzles before reading the mail box :-) , I am sorry.
I guess it will run as soon as I made any new puzzle as in previous occasions.

Posted on: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:55 am

paulv66 wrote:
I’m slightly curious as to why the point at which another bonus puzzle arrives for clm is 295,766. In my case, it’s each time I reach a multiple of 250 points (and was based on multiples of 600 points before I became a subscriber). I would have thought it would be based on round numbers for everyone?

My first guess would be that clm started puzzling on the site before there were bonus puzzles.

I'd have to check when they were introduced [mellow]

Posted on: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:42 pm

pnm wrote:

My first guess would be that clm started puzzling on the site before there were bonus puzzles.

I'd have to check when they were introduced [mellow]

That's correct. As a consequence I actually get bonus points every xxx016, xxx266, xxx516 and xxx766.
I guess that many other puzzlers are in similar conditions, getting the bonus at some specific points, not multiples of 250. In the other hand, I cann't exactly remember if at the very beginning the step was 250 points or even greater... Something that certainly has been modified is that initially all puzzles generated bonus, but the timed puzzles, for instance, were eliminated later.

Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]