View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 lines change 

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:03 am

Post lines change
Since a few days I noticed lines are changed while playing. Display only of course. This makes it hard sometimes to notice where one cage ends and another begins.

I've seen thick lines become thin, thin lines disappear, moving the cursor around restores the lines to what they should look like while at the same time destroy other lines.

browser: Version 91.0.864.41 (Official build) (64-bit)

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:14 am

Post Re: lines change
bogie2820 wrote:
Since a few days I noticed lines are changed while playing. Display only of course. This makes it hard sometimes to notice where one cage ends and another begins.

I've seen thick lines become thin, thin lines disappear, moving the cursor around restores the lines to what they should look like while at the same time destroy other lines.

browser: Version 91.0.864.41 (Official build) (64-bit)

Ok, thanks for reporting.

I'm guessing the browser is Chrome?

(and the OS is Windows?)

edit: now I'm thinking the browser is "Edge"

Do you see the same problem with Chrome and/or Firefox?

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:45 am

I use Chrome and haven’t had any problems of that nature.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:30 pm

Sorry, indeed, edge, Windows 10 OS Version 2009 (Build 19042.1052).

Until recently, it used to work with edge. As usual: I have no idea if something changed on the user's side (windows update for instance) or on the server's side. I myself did not do anything AFAIK.

No, I don't experience it when using firefox.

Posted on: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Today I see that the lines have different thickness: all the cage borders haven't the same thickness as well as the lines inside the cages.
This gives a bad feeling to me. I wonder if the same effect has been noted by anyone else.
I use Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 with Windows 10 Version 2004 (build SO 19041.1052).
Until yesterday, this effect wasn't working.

Posted on: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:30 pm

vittorio wrote:
Today I see that the lines have different thickness: all the cage borders haven't the same thickness as well as the lines inside the cages.
This gives a bad feeling to me. I wonder if the same effect has been noted by anyone else.
I use Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77 with Windows 10 Version 2004 (build SO 19041.1052).
Until yesterday, this effect wasn't working.

This morning I had that effect (using Microsoft Edge) in several puzzles, very unpleasant, later it disappeared.

Posted on: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:57 pm

clm wrote:
This morning I had that effect (using Microsoft Edge) in several puzzles, very unpleasant, later it disappeared.
Good for you. For me the problem did not go away unfortunately. Did you do something?

Posted on: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:33 pm

bogie2820 wrote:
clm wrote:
Good for you. For me the problem did not go away unfortunately. Did you do something?

I did not do anything "intentionally", but I had an intermediate Windows updating and automatic restart (I do not know if this could have any effect so I suggest anyway to reinitiate the system and see if this cures the problem... ).

I must comment that, for me, it is also very unpleasant [confused] the way Windows does those "reinitiations", frequently without a clear previous notificaction, since it deletes the opened Excel pages, Word pages, Acrobat Reader pages... (as well as Edge and Chrome opened pages though these can be restored easily), These automatic "restarts", in my case, frequently occur during the night (while sleeping) and as soon as I open the PC, in the morning, I find the "nice event" [smile], so I must go to the Explorer and establish again all closed pages (very amused !!! [smile] [smile] ).

Posted on: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:11 pm

clm wrote:
I must comment that, for me, it is also very unpleasant [confused] the way Windows does those "reinitiations", frequently without a clear previous notificaction,

Some advice from a techie I follow:

"If you are a home/consumer user, I recommend two actions to ensure you do not get inadvertent updates. First, select Start, Settings, Network & Internet, and then Wi-Fi or Ethernet (whichever connection you are using). Next, click Manage known networks; click on the network that you use, click Properties, and turn on Set as metered connection. This “tricks” the computer into thinking that your Internet connection is not unlimited (i.e., you might incur charges) and thus will download patches only after you approve the process."

The second action involves changing windows updates settings.

Attributed to Susan Bradley of the AskWoody newsletter.

https://www.askwoody.com/newsletter/ms- ... -patching/

As I subscribe to the newsletter I am not sure the link will work for everyone.

Posted on: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:24 pm

frederick wrote:
clm wrote:
I must comment that, for me, it is also very unpleasant [confused] the way Windows does those "reinitiations", frequently without a clear previous notificaction,

Some advice from a techie I follow:

"If you are a home/consumer user, I recommend two actions to ensure you do not get inadvertent updates. First, select Start, Settings, Network & Internet, and then Wi-Fi or Ethernet (whichever connection you are using). Next, click Manage known networks; click on the network that you use, click Properties, and turn on Set as metered connection. This “tricks” the computer into thinking that your Internet connection is not unlimited (i.e., you might incur charges) and thus will download patches only after you approve the process."

The second action involves changing windows updates settings.

Attributed to Susan Bradley of the AskWoody newsletter.

https://www.askwoody.com/newsletter/ms- ... -patching/

As I subscribe to the newsletter I am not sure the link will work for everyone.

Thank a lot, frederick, for your support and ideas [thumbup]. The link works well for me.

Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]